Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

ahhhhhh.... heres she is ???

Sooooo.............. im guessing youre not gonna tell us where you caught her

Show me a good picture of the ledge, I'll figure out for myself where it is!

Don't think I'm going fishing next weekend so there will only be 49 people on the ledge, if they are smart enough.

AHHAHAHAHAHHAAHH TOP PIC MATE!!!!!!!! AHAHHAAH thats a good fish....

i can guess where it is it's at........
    good to see someone's getting into the blues, they're close to extinct these days ,bl00dy geoff janzt >

hafta stick to kings at the secret spot where the small ones are 15kg all the rats were eaten by the hoodlums

Ahhhh secrets secrets secrets..........
    its probably the only way to go these days just to have a bit of room on a ledge

Hey Bung,

have a guess mate?
    who's geoff Janzt?

Aright ive heard enough.......im headen north!!
    Early next week depending on weather. Be up for a couple of days.
    Anyone one wanna help poor old Set out and tell him where the blues are?

Caesar, Geoff Jantz is actually Jeff Janz the chef that is spruiking bluefin (longtails) as the tastiest tuna in the sea and that you should only buy longtail in a tin. I really wish these bastards would learn from the mistakes they made with SBT and Yellowfin.

Set,

Mate I think you're about to embark on the silliest mission you have ever thought of. Seriously the numbers of Bluefin on the coast at the moment are a mere trickle to what they were 2 seasons ago. I feel mighty lucky that I managed to hook the one I did on the weekend. It's why I'm so annoyed at losing it because it's probably the only one I'll get this season.

If you are going to chase them I'd say Coffs is the best bet at the moment. It's the one place that's seen the most action. Toma is dead unless you're willing to spend a week out there for one hookup. Forster is crap and forget the Hat.

Sorry to be a downer but that's the reality of this season. If you do want to give them a go on this part of the coast though I'm more than willing to take you out to Toma. Won't guarantee you a fish though.

Saen what day are you fishing this weekend? Looks like sunday again for me.

Cheers
    Stephan

Stephan,
    I think there is more bluefin than what you think mate, i think you just need to get past the bonnies
    Not sure which day to go yet, it depends on my girl, which day she will let me go fishin
    I will let you know before friday

Stephan, Thanx for the warning mate but i never run my trips around bad reports as in my past experiences people tell me its bad and i clean up, not saying your fibbing i just like to give it a go.
    What are u boys doin mon & tuesday?
    Prob head up sunday night, gotta come show yas ow its done 8) ....lol.....jokin
    Be good to put faces to the names
    Cyas Rob.

JJ, I dont doubt that there are more blues around, but its nothing like it was years ago....3-4 blue runs a day was the norm with macT's in between....Not 3-4 fish a season!

I remember leaving our fav ledge with blues busting out or feet all day cos we wanted to beat the 5pm syd traffic!....
    Fuk...where have those days gone!
    Also Blues were always a target at ledges south of JB. A mate of mine & his mates regularly sight casted at them...He hasnt caught one down there in years too...I reckon the decline started seasons ago, with last year the worst.

Good luck on the w/e guys....I'll be having a shot too.....

Rob,

Mate give me a definate day/s that you wanna fish down here and i will see if i can take those days of work and go for a fish
    See if we can make a good bluefin trip???

I might have to fish saturday through to tuesday, surley i would have to get a couple of runs putting all that time in

Rodd,
    I wish i started my LBGing a couple of years ago, it would be awesome to catch 4 blues in one day

Regards
    JJ

Saen,

If you fished these ledges a few years ago you would be saying that this year is piss poor as Rodd has already said. Honestly 4 runs a day was nothing and the slimies were on the job like they were sunday at least 5 days a week for 3 months not once every two weeks like they are at the moment. Bonnies were a rare catch at Toma, so too salmon. I know one of the guys that pioneered that ledge when the paved path was sand and he said in all the time he fished it salmon were non existant and this was back in the 70's and early 80's when they were still about in good numbers.

Rodd is right too every other hookup was a mack tuna not a bonnie. It's a sign of the times, things are changing and not for the better right now when it comes to tuna. Don't write LBG off just yet though. With the way kings are coming back we'll be in for some real fun in a few years.

Don't let the girl stop you from fishing the day you want to, that's not how you play cricket so to speak. They have to understand that fishing is our one right to life and we will do it when we want. Besides where can you go shopping on a sunday morning at 4am?????

Cheers
    Stephan

Set,

Mate I'm tied up with work all week so I won't be able to do a mid weeker as much as I'd prefer it. With a 3 month employment review next week too my chances are even less. It would be good to put a face to a name though.

Good luck with the trip. I'm sure you will find fish somewhere. The blues are at our local ledge but they aren't in the numbers expected for this time of year and it really is a case of right place right time this season.

Cheers
    Stephan

P.S. you wouldn't know a legendary spin king that now lives at the Hat by any chance?