Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Rodd,
    i took a pic of the guy who caught that king that day but he asked me not to give it to anyone or publish it anywhere,
    but if its ok with him i could chuck it on here???

and boys i think the braid is coming off!
    and im very intersted in buying a tiagra50W with a 24kg outfit for a bit of fun with those sharks when the tuna isnt running, what do you think?

im going down to catho on saturday morning to try some soft plastics on some rat kings-should be a bit of fun huh?

chuck it on JJ....its old news now. I'm sure Graz wont mind now.

Hey graz, if you ever get to read this, hope you mind not having your face on the net!!!
    He caught this baby using a slimy on 8kg line-thats what he told me???
    She weighted 15kg-nice king

G'day guys only started getting into fishing off the rocks. Thinking of heading up to hat head soon, whats happening up there at the moment, and what sort of gear you guys using?
    Sorry for sounding like a total ameatuear, but ive just fished the estuary most of the time.
    Im just thinking 10-15kg line on an overhead or large eggbeater outfit?

Right that's it, I've had enough! Where the hell am I when all this action is happening? ???
    I always thought the place could produce kings due to the bait availability and the depth of water there. I think the only thing that is missing is reef structure. Still having them cruise past wouldn't be out of the question, obviously.

Congrats to Graz for getting the only hood size king I've ever known to come off the ledge. It's a top effort.

I'll be there Sunday. Someone save me a spot! Pleeeeaaaaaaassseee.

Cheers
    Stephan

You really need to experience our hood action........ North coast kings pffffffff

s.t.h,

do you fish jervis? what's the kingy action like down there these days, i've only had bad (no?) experiences there, only one hookup in 2-3 years there.

these days i fish blue-er waters, where the kings are huuge and 5 hookups in one morning are not unusual...

AHAHAHA Your talking too a KINGY LEGEND!!!

Setthehook has caught more HOODLUM'S than what i have had sex ???

Bung,

Where did you fish on sunday? you look familiar?
    Are you from fishnet?
    If it is you, you have caught some nice kings mate!!!

I have fished both J.B and north coast ledges for kings
    there is a certain ledge up north that produces huge kings
    also you cant go past currarong ledges. I remember putting out bonnies at devils and getting smashed by big hoods . The varnish crackling on the rod.

Gaffman

Well most hoods ive hooked in a morning is 12.....so ill stick to my spot. Even when i chase hoods from the boat i nearly park on the rocks.
    And yes i fish jervis bay but i have 2 hot spots
    Goodluck guys
    Set.

well it was a case of the one that got away. Hooked into a smaller bluefin of around 12kg and within 10 mins had it to the stones (15kg gear) now most people would think that a 12kg tuna would be pretty easy to get up on the stones but I had a novice gaff man with me didn't I? Any guesses what happened next? Saen knows what happened he watched it all.

At least I got to fight one and see it. The hardest thing to get out of my mind is the vision of a solid gaff shot. I'm still picturing it 10 hours on.

Next week. It will happen next week

How was your weekend?

Cheers
    Stephan

Stephan,

That was bad luck mate,
    After you left my mate chucked in a live bonnie and a possible shark took it, the fight only lasted 5mins
    it was pretty much dead after that
    suppose i'll do it all again next week, huh ???

hi all

caught this baby on 10kg gear, it took 45mins to get her in
    cant say where i caught it, otherwise there will be 50ppl on the ledge next week

CHEERS