Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Yeh good old devils sniffle always though id go down in the mud on the way in but i never did hahaha
    Its closed now though. There is talk that the drum might be going to reopen to us fishos but wait and see!!!
    And yes it would be great to for a fish one day!!!
    Cya Gaffman.

hahaha.....thanks for the 'fag' compliment saen.....I'll remember that next time I see ya!......

Let me get a few things STRAIGHT!...

1. It wasnt me who your line tangled with, it was my mates...
    2. We did say hello to your mate when we first arrived & he gave us a 'grunt' back!... ....obviously did like others on HIS turf!..
    3. Dont attempt to deter people by placing 2 game rods & 2 spin sticks in rod holders, spread across the ledge, in the hope of detering others!......very funny really! Never seen that over the years.
    4. I was the one to say 'HELLO"' to YOU on the high rock whilst jigging bait!...
    Remember the 'grunt' you gave me back also!!!!......hahahaha good try!
    5. DONT put 2 live baits out when LBGing & others are on the ledge!....ya mate looked really good winding one in under his arm & the other between his knees!...hahahahahaha
    6. By allmeans keep your baits out when others are hooked up & the tuna is out wide, buy when the guy asks to 'reel-in'......DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......
    Dont tell him to "bring him around my bait"......Whats that crap!....
    7. Even the guys on the point gave you a serve for what you clown were doing!...
    They invited us to join them on the point to get away from you jerries!
    8. YOU learn some respect & stop thinking you own a ledge!..its there to share & has been for years!!!!

Luv Rod......

this thread was interesting before but it seems to be getting even more interesting.

just remember its all about the fishing and not the fighting. you never know, if you guys meet up and have a chat the next thing could be you are helping each other out.

i went for a fish in a remote stop the other day from the shore. 15min later two guys fished from the very same spot as me. we were pleasant to each other and after a while i left them to it.

it reminded me of why i love my little boat so much.

G'day ba, I totally agree mate. LBG on the NSW nth coast has its 'touchy' types, thats for sure....
    Me & my mates are all for a chat & a laugh. It's too long a day to get worked up over....But this was something else last Fri....Just bad sportsmanship I guess.
    We turned up after them, we put first baits out & we got the 2 first runs & fish...I think whats what got under here bit....

Have a good one!..

Cheers

Mornin Fellas

This is for the 4 guys that fished with us on friday:

First of all i dont own the rocks and i didnt pretend to own the rocks, i didnt want you to ask for permision to fish either, i thought it was just good gesture to say hello and mind if we squeze in between
    I am really sorry for not taking my line in earlier-i suppose i learned the hard way
    Definately learned my leason-it wouldnt happen again!!!
    if i had a fish on and lost it the same way, i would probably have reacted the same way
    If i see you boys on the rocks again i will apoligise properly,
    Just hoping we can put this behind us because what is done is done and we cant change that
    I wanna enjoy my fishing, i dont wanna be in the bad books of anyone
    So im really sorry-it wont happen again

Lighthouse2k:
    were gettin alot of slimy's and yakka's
    theres heaps of bonnies and a few macs in between
    we did put a few bonnies out live just for fun, the sharks hammered them everytime
    but it's pretty dead, i think you just have to be there at the right time

Gaffman:
    We werent pissed of that he hooked up, it was good to see a fish hooked, i just made the mistake of not bringing my line in earlier, i really thought that the fish were out futher than what it was, but as i said, theres nothing i can do about it now-just learn from what happened and not do it again

Stephan:
    I only went fishing friday and sunday
    we only had one decent run on sunday which we reckoned was a cobe but she only lasted 10mins and i must have pulled the hook through
    we should hook up and go fishin one day, i really wanna go to catho and do some kings on soft plastics,
    talk to ya later

Pharq2:
    i apreciate all the advice given to me over the last few months
    as i said i dont own the rocks and i didnt pretend to either, its just good to say hello and be friendy
    i didnt want you to ask me for permision to fish either
    and i dont brag about the fish i catch!
    whats wrong with using braid???
    sorry for what i did mate- i would change it if i could
    as Set said all we can do is shake hands and make the best of things, it wont happen again
    i'll talk to you when i see you on the stones again

well i suppose i learned a good lesson in the worst way possible

talk to u guys later

rodd

as i said mate im really sorry
    i didnt realize u said hello to my mate
    so im guesing your the dark headed guy
    when u said hello to me i said hello back-it wasnt a grunt
    and i only had one rod in a rod holder the rest was my mates-he's a bit teritorial
    and i realize now that you cant have 2 rods out-it just doesnt work
    next time someone hook up my line is coming straight in
    dont know what else to say???

Saen, I didnt wanna have a go at ya from the start, thus the short "poor form" post. I only arcked up when you called me a fag!.....hahahaha

Any way mate...good luck to ya & hope ya get a few fish before the season ends.

Saen

Its good that you realised that you should of reeled in your bait . Over the years that i have LBGed we always wound them in did nt matter who was hooked up .Fish are few and that fish of a lifetime could be out there.

gaffman

Well it's good to see a little resolution on this thread. I was a little concerned that it was about to get out of hand which would have been a shame considering the information and mateship that's been shared here.

Saen,

Mate must have mistaken you for another guy that looked similar. Oh well. Seem I chose the wrong day of the weekend to be out there AGAIN too! All I want is a day where slimies are easy to get and at least some form of tuna is working the ledge. Yes I'm getting desperate. Missing those cobes runs over the last few weeks hasn't helped in the slightest either. I guess there is always next weekend. As for catho, there have been some interesting fish coming off there in recent weeks. I've got a mind to hit the place over the winter for residents. Squid would be the key I reckon. In the mean time we could always throw poppers at sambo's. People don't rate them much but they've been a great source on entertainment over the past year.

Cheers
    Stephan

Rodd,
    Thanx mate, i appreciate it, sorry for causing S*@T

Stephan,
    we were getting the slimy's early in the morning, and hardly any through the day so we would load up in the morning to last us all day
    on sunday though there was alot of bait around right along the ledge but we had trouble gettin them to take the jigs, but we did get enough

we also saw a huge shark right along the edge, she was massive
    and there was tuna chasing the bait schools 20m from the stones aswell (not sure if it was bluefin or macs) but there was some big splashes and they were hamering the surface bait for about a minute, unfortunately it took me a minute to get a popper on my line
    the site of seeing tuna smash bait on the surface was unbelievable
    ill hit tomaree on sunday and hopefully get a decent fish, i think the secret is to get a live bait out as soon as you can
    7am might be a little too late because thats when the bait schools start to move away from the stones, so im guesing that the tuna come in close for that hour or so

im going to try the bonnie live bait thing close to the rocks hoping to snare a hoodlum, but bet has to be on a shark-they just cant leave them alone

Set,
    what gear do you use to land all your sharks?
    Line?
    Rod?
    Reel???

and i think that i have found a huge disadvantage in braid
    i have lost a heap of fish now, when they go for a run, i will let them take line with the drag set but some of the fish puts a decent kick through the line and because theres no stretch in the line it causes the hook to pull straight out- thats what i got told and it kinda makes sense??? any comments?

well with everything sorted out i can enjoy fishin again

Regards

JJ

Good to see its all solved!! And everyone can go fishing!!

Saen,

I see you've found disadvantage number 2 in braid. Apart from the sheer cost if it the no stretch factor really comes into effect with hard hitting, hard running fish like tuna. Take heed to what we say. Go mono!

As for hoods at tomaree if you get one you'll be the first I know of. Big cobes yes, Big tuna yes, Big sharks yes, Big kings non existant. I'm not surprised that the slimies head away from the stones once the sun gets up in the sky a bit. Happens anywhere. I'll just have to get out there early. I'm still yet to see tuna busting up on the surface at Tomaree. I've seen macs at avoca on the surface but haven't seen a good bust up for a looong time now. We're talking years.

Will head out on sunday myself so we should hook up together. Save me a spot I'm a one man band.

Cheers
    Stephan

I would agree on the braid. I have found that on lures, when fish like bonnies hit, it feels like the almost bounce off the lure, and the hooksets are nearly never as good as on mono. I am connecting a harro's knotted dog to my 30pd braid to see if its any different.

I still see 7kg kings follow up my lures every know and again, one of them is gonna take one day and I don't want to get fried on no 10kg mono. Been fried often enough on 15kg!!

I am keen to go up to Port Stephens on the weekend, maybe Sat and Sunday. Otherwise maybe up to Forster. I heard the blues hit up there last week.

Gday folks
    Saen when i chase sharks i use either 15 or 24kg kg outfits, (mono not braid) And use large live baits. Change of tide and early morning and late arvo seem to be the gun times. Sometimes i use nylon coated wire but i usally use 150 ande trace with large tuna circles, They give me alot more runs due to no wire and the tuna cicle hook gets em in the side of the jaw makin bite offs far less posible.
    Hope that helps buddy.
    8)

Stephan, the day JJ landed his 60lb'r a 15kg king was landed in the morning off tomma.....they do exist!
    I'll try get a pic......