Thread: fishing maroochydore river

fishing maroochydore river

hey guys and girls
    i was woundering if any body had any good tips on where to fish on the maroochy river and maybe some tips. ??? i go fishing there all the time but i have only caught little fish which i through back. i am looking for some bigger fish that put up a good fight.
    regards
    maroochyangler

Re: fishing maroochydore river

Plenty of big fish on Maroochy, its my home grounds and i fish it pretty regularly.. you've probably seen my boat fly past atleast once or twice, i do lure and flyfishing mostly which helps pull out the bigger fish, you'll tend to get mostly smaller bait pickers if your using bait, but the lures tend to bring on the strikes by nice solid fish...

Where abouts do you mainly fish, once i know that, i can give you some spots close to there that might hold a few bigger fish for you

Tim

i mainly fish around the mouth of the river and near the bridge that crosses to the big top and up near that high way overpass bridge .......around there

trav

Ok, if your feeling brave, sneak along the rockwall and fish under sunshine plaza, i fish alot under there via my boat.. biggest fish ive pulled out is a 1.8kg estuary cod.. but have seen plenty of 80cm+ flathead pulled out using lures in my boat.. . the mouth holds plenty of fish, try casting 15gram Halco Twisties in Gold or Silver out into the channel then working in fast, with the conditions as they are now, you might get a few big tailor!! and as for the motorway bridge, try and net some live bait if you have a cast net, or use fresh prawns (frozen are nasty) which Swan Boat Hire can sell you.. cast out just behind the Ecotours boat, theres a big deep hole there around 28ft deep and it can hold some really big fish, estuary cod, school jew and big flathead.. and if the conditions are right, trevally and tailor

Tim

ill have to try round the sunshine plaza as soon as i go up which should be in the next few weekends