Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The days catch "DO YOU"

The days catch "DO YOU"

This is just to see if most fisho's have the same rules that i have on my tub. Some deckies try there own rules on you every now and again.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: The days catch "DO YOU"

spiro, the catch is split up, if someone gets a large fish its theres as long as everyone has enough to keep there tribe fed that day. commonly on gamefishn days 1 big dolphinfish is the only eating fish brought aboard so its divided up.

DaneCross

Split it if theres enuff to go around. Otherwise if there's only 1 or 2 caught, the catcher takes ownership

Depends!!!

I have a few mates that I go fishing with a fair bit. THey always chip in to the cost of a trip( Bait Fuel etc) so I always like to spplit the catch. If we only have one big keeper, Its come over for Dinner. But there have been times where we/I have only caught one fishy and I have given it to my Mates. Otherwise If we have had a good day Split it!!!!!

If I bring in a fish I might not end up wanting I ask the boys if anyone wants it if no-one does I release it. Everyone keeps their own if they want them, and split the rest.

I tend to only keep a fish (and release the others) if I want to take it home, usually because its a good eating size (not too big or small), or if its a good eating fish (reds, jack, flatty).

If there is only one fish caught and its a big-'un I usually go to a nice spot somewhere the next day (or weekend) and put it on the hot coals with the crew. Yum yum.

If we are crabbin. its evenly split between all of us, and if the numbers are not even the skipper takes the extra.

My general rule must therefore be "If its caught by YOUR ROD its yours to do with as you wish... If its caught by the boat (game fish, crabs etc) its split evenly, with the extra going to the skipper."

All rules are subject to modification, depending on the mood of the skipper.

Also if I cant be bothered filleting it I give it to someone else...

Ditto , I usually just take one or two bigen's (especially if I caught them) and give the rest away because I am too lazy to clean and fillet them.
    If there are only little ones I usually don't take any.

i release most, if a mate is with me he can have whatever he likes.
    on the odd occasions i take a feed i will keep the best of what i caught.
    most that i do take goes to the mother in law the deal is if she wants them, she cleans, guts, fillets whatever, i dont clean fish for give aways.

Yeah If I clean it I keep it.

Quite often I'll keep my days catch (especially the smaller bream, and whiting) in a live tank (if I can) or in a net so if I catch enough for a feed I can keep the lot. But if I only get a couple I can let them go in good health.

we have only ever boated 1 keeper on the boat and in that case the catcher kept it. but when i have a good day i will split the fish up. in the case of 1 lone mackeral or longtail i will fillet/steak it up and split it up. with crabs i will have to decide when one comes aboard.
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Take what ya want boys!! Thats our rule...foxy

yep, split it equally...if fuel and bait is shared equally then so should be what is kept!

In my experiences, I've always been on boats where all the blokes are amicable about sharing everything - fuel costs, tackle costs, bait, lunch, drinks and fish if any are caught...and I think it's the best way. If I go home with a heap of fish that are not as good eating after they've been frozen, I'll probably keep enough for myself over the next day or two and give the rest away. No point in freezing it and eating it second rate when someone else can enjoy it while it's fresh too.

Just a few ideas anyway.

Ben

Lately if we split up the catch from recent trips, I think we'd be lucky to make a fish cake each!!!! Rule in our boat is if you catch it on your rod it's yours, but if there's enough to go round we share - unless you have a biggy!!

Lawry

Needmorerum

We've never really caught much to write home about as yet. Although, I would think that on a good day the catch would be shared out except any "pearlers" that were caught, they would be up to the discretion of the catchee.

Corry

JD... looks like we'll have to get out more often to try this theory.