Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The days catch "DO YOU"

bidkev

Re: The days catch "DO YOU"

Quote Originally Posted by Kiktz
    Depends!!!

<snip>
    If we only have one big keeper, Its come over for Dinner.
    No bugger comes over to my house for dinner! ;-)

The Verminator

Chris
    Good question. On Streaker you keep your biggest or best and the rest are divided equally. If it's been a slim day I ensure that the deckies get a good feed before I take any. We split the cost therefor we split the fish.
    Wayne

Sounds bloody fair to me Wayne!

Herby

Wayne my rules the same as yours, as well as the the betting game we have[you know] just to live the boat trip up a bit more. We might have to bet on who can catch a yakka instead
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I've been fishing with my own group, the practice has always been to keep 1 or 2 of your best fish and share the rest. This has always worked well. At least those that didn't catch anything get to take home something to show for their day's effort.

On the few occasions when we have had to joined another group on a boat to make up the numbers, the experience has been totally different.

One particular occasion saw members of the "other" group push in and grab quite a few of the best fish that they did not catch themselves, which nearly started WW3. One of these fish was mine and I held my ground and was able to take my fish. I only wanted to take my one good fish and offered up the rest of my catch to the group.

On this same occasion the operator offered a cooked breakfast on the way out to Flinders reef and a number of the combined groups tucked into the greasey hot tucker. This only set most of them off, as they all started to put the burley out. Most of these chaps didn't do much fishing that day, as they were all sick as hell and just laid around moaning.

It was a number of these crook chappies from the other group that then jumped in front of everyone and started grabbing fish at the end of the day - which was really sad to see. The charter operator backed away and didn't want to get involved. It really spoiled the day and I'll never do a mixed group charter again.

Gigantor
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

CQ_Fisher

I would have to agree with everybody that keeping your best fish or 2 (depending on total catch) and dividing up the rest would have to be the best practice. By the way, what is 0 divided by 2 ??? . We gotta lift our game Corry.

Gigantor,
    Sounds like a pretty bad experience with the mixed charter (some blokes just have no idea, do they). I wouldnt let one bad experience put you off too much. All you gotta do is on the way out take the bull by the horns and have a group discussion as to what the majority of the crew would like to do as far as catch division goes. On the last mixed charter i went on the skipper told us all how he normally splits the catch and that was that, no arguments later on.

Cheers
    JD

chris

my rule is SIMPLE
    the fish that are not "marked"
    are the skippers

this makes the crew try harder..
    my frozen fish stills tastes 100% better than a shop
    "whats the time"

The simple approach on my boat is to split the fish up. In doing this I make sure the crew get to keep any trophy fish they caught or anything that is a first and they want to taste it.

I usually give part of my share away to family anyway, as if you have too much fish in the freezer, you don't have a good excuse to go fishing again.

Mark

Well everyone seems to have the right idea by sharing it around, which is good . So I guess its up to the skipper and the crew what they do. Now I might be silly but I would rather see my mates take the fish home ahead of me, even if it ment I had nothing. I love fishing and do it for extreme enjoyment , eating fresh fish is just a bonus .

hi all. we split all costs equally. whoever catches the biggest gets the option to keep it or whatever. & we share the rest. if i have fish in the freezer i don't normally bother takeing any at all. kevy.

Anybody that catch larger or trophy fish they keep but everything else is split up evenly as possible. And then sometimes they will play swappsies.

The few keepers we tend to get these days are usually shared as for most others anything noteworthy is catchers option.

I try to stick blokes n shielas that have similar ideas and have never had a drama.

I keep my trophy/big fish, then split the rest, but i try to always make sure everyone goes home with something where possible