Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The great shark hunt

Re: The great shark hunt

Looks like the 3 dudes have stolen the ride on mower from the young fella in the helmet....Bullies!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mackmauler
    LOL blackrat..? or no rats for the young master? .
    Yes it will be no rats for the young master, but I have confidence in him. Otherwise he will become a water rat > and a new attracting device >

No Mackmauler I wont be joining you. Personally I see the whole attitude in this topic puerile. Calling it a hunt perfectly captures the attitude. I expect the reason why Jeremy has declined to respond to me queries as to the plight of the carcasses he created in the name of narrow minded machismo is due to the fact that he took the jaws and dumped the rest. What a pathetic waste. I fish and have done since I was a wee tacker but the one thing I have never done is killed for fun. The thoughtless extermination attitude shown post after post in this topic is narrow minded and disgusting. If you want a healthy fishery understand that it relies on a very fine balance and sharks of all species and sizes are part of this.
    Why not send a copy of this topic to fishing legends, international and local, and see what their take on it is…
    Wake up and smell the coffee. This crusade stinks.

It's like your mrs asking if she looks fat in this particular dress. If you know you aint going to like the answer, don't ask the question - simple.

Serge, get off your soapbox, the tag and release section is alive and well and fully supported, since im behind this you should know the last 16 sharks I have been involved with were released alive.

If you want to save the sharks go take it up with the GOV for allowing shark contractors to work.

I don't believe the images of three Jeremy has submitted were released. What do you suggest happened to those ? Wasted. An apex predator in an already strained ecosystem killed for a few photos.... senseless, thats what i'm saying.
    Without exception everyone on this site wants a better fishery and Jeremy's behavior, and the condoning of it, does absolutely nothing towards helping achieve this.
    Its a big picture and you simply can't ignore a single aspect of it and expect it not to yield repercussions.

Serge,

I'm sorry. but I don't see your point??

Apex predator? Mate, surely the fisheries would have more fish in for us if we didn't have all these sharks noshing on the stocks?

I mean, how many decent, legal sized brimbos have disappeared down that one Tiger's gob? How many more would have gone if James hadn't rid us of this verminous fish??

My personal collection of shark jaws stands at 35 and counting, including a few highly-prized grey nurse sets. They're my best ones, as they're hard to find these days. Shame, as they look really impressive mounted on a bit of teak.

I'm looking forward to culling off as many of these dangerous man-eating things as possible on the Great Hunt. I wanna get a few more jaws and photos to show my mates down the pub. What the hell else is there to do with sharks, anyway? You can't eat 'em at that size and it makes no sense to let them go, just to go on decimating our sporting stock.

I like to take my bag of everything, whether I can eat it or not, and sharks are no exception. OK, a lot does end up in the bin or chucked back for the pelicans if my esky is too full, but there's loads more out there where they came from.

Please stop baggin out us blokes who enjoy a bit of blood sport and like to see trophies on our walls. We're doing a valuable job, and we're keeping the beaches safe for our kids. Bet you haven't considered the children have you? I know I feel safer letting my kids paddle, knowing that I have done my bit to get rid of the shark problem.

Here's hoping we get 100 on the day! I'd love to see the pics of 100 floating shark bodies!! That'd be worth a brag!!

Cheers,

R

Serge,,, thinking you need to apologise to Jeremy on this one .....

Jeremy is an avid supporter as I se it of catch and release and I think he is actually bringing tags on the day .....

It is James who has caught these fish ,,,, I myself wouldnt just kill em em for the sake of it however anyone who catches a Tiger from shorncliffe pier needs a badge....

Think how many kids could have been swimmming with that ,,,,,,

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by james_harmon
    <snip>

Check out this tiger three of us caught a couple of years back, a whole mullet at Shorncliffe pier produced this!
    Cheers, James
    Think I recognise a face there James. I wasn't there that day but I heard about it a couple of days later when I pulled a 75 kilo whaler. I used to fish the northern corner.....I was recognisable by the shopping trolley with the rod holders affixed to it..........it's gone for a couple of free wheelies on there on a few occasions :-)

Nice catch mate.

cheers kev

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by adamleah
    Serge,,, thinking you need to apologise to Jeremy on this one .....

Jeremy is an avid supporter as I se it of catch and release and I think he is actually bringing tags on the day .....

It is James who has caught these fish ,,,, I myself wouldnt just kill em em for the sake of it however anyone who catches a Tiger from shorncliffe pier needs a badge....

Think how many kids could have been swimmming with that ,,,,,,
    Yep, you're right. years ago that part of the beach was netted.....now only the pillars remain. Personally, I don't let my kids swim anywhere near Sandgate. That bugger was caught only a couple of hundred metres from the most popular barbeque/swimming area Northside. I personally have caught upwards of 50 sharks of over 3 metres length in three years on that jetty......and.......in only 4 metres of water max!

I'm not condoning slaughter just highliting how dangerous that particular "family bathing venue" is.

Steer clear

cheers

kev

Hi Kev,

I vary was impressed to read you have caught up to 50 sharks ranging to 3m in size from the sandgate pier. What species of shark have you caught there, and what's the largest you have landed?

I would love to see some of your sandgate pier photo's.

Cheers,
    Simon Harmon

Sounds to me like Render is fishing already.

Sportfish_5

Despite our best efforts I don't think we will put a scratch in the resident bay shark population

Everyone is entittled to their opinion on this "hunt" and catch and release will be the order of the day but some of the criticism is a bit personal

Serge - Dont know how you got Jeremy confused but he deserves an apology as Adam mentioned

Life is short - so fish hard

Cheers

Greg

Shite,
    I didn't share those pics in an effort to get myself hung, drawn and quartered. Serge, all of the sharks we have caught have either been released, eaten or donated for the betterment of science, hope you approve!
    I think it's important to point out also that in no way did I mean to isolate Sandgate as an unsafe venue for families to swim. That fish was hooked at least 200 metres further out from the end of the pier, and on a day when the tide was the highest it's been in 50 odd years. Very obtuse conditions for the area. Obviously, care is required wherever people swim, whether it be sandgate or the Ipswich stretch of the Brissy River.
    Jeremy, didn't mean to get you slandered either mate!!
    Regards,
    James

Apologies for the typo... earlier posts were meant to read James not Jeremy.
    Apologies for any offence caused.
    I think there can be no better example of my reasons for concern regarding this than Render's response. And if it's not a poorly disguised baited hook, it really does say alot