Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The great shark hunt

Re: The great shark hunt

Dunno if the beach at green is accessible at low tide....

Has been many a moons since I have been there.... wouldnt want 15 boats all left run aground for 12 hours ....

Dylan, your welcome to come along with me.... that is as long as the weather gods are looking after us...

seams every one is planning on fishing around mud... is this the best place? i dont want to be friggin around with little sharks ( i can get them here) i want something substantial!!

I will be on VHF 77. Call sign 'Odyssea'

I will be at Green Is at 3 pm (Western side?) and I will be 'friggin around with small sharks' maybe off St Helena. I think Tom (sominc) in bringing the 15 kg and planning to target bigger sharks though.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

sure am. do u have any tuna oil or do u want me to bring some???

sent you a PM Tom to sort out bait and burley.

Looking a bit blowy on Saturday. Might be a bit rough out in the bay.

I'm still keen and will probably fish in the Brisbane River instead. Maybe around Boggy Ck? Meet up at Fisherman Is ramp at 3 pm?

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."

Apathy is the enemy

has anyone got a spare tag pole they wish to sell ???
    i have one for plastic tags , but not for metal...i left that pole on a boat in Sydney.

There is some concern with the long ranger, a good does of southerly appears to be on the way.

Jeff, there can be big sharks near mud, like webby has said fish out past the dropoff for the best chance.

Rob, the offer is open to bring the landy over to Moreton and camp with us. Should be some land based action...

Southerly will be perfect for North point - yellowpatch.

can you provide a link to the buoyweather long range wind forecast, as I can't find it???

Kris.

Kris,

The link from the qld weather reports is http://www. buoyweather.com/wxnav.jsp?region=AE&program=Maps
    if that doesn't work, go to http://www. buoyweather.com and down the bottom there is a link for NE australia. (remove the spaces)
    We'll have a look on the otherside of the islands provided it doesn't get above about 25 knots.
    When will the decision be made to move the meeting point?

It is not looking too promising wind wise, but BOM are often a bit dodgey wtih their wind strength predictions.
    Once you get out to Mud or one of the other Islands you can always find a spot out of the wind (chop), just have to go a bit slower getting there and back. I came back from Peel Island in 30 knot winds, 6 foot chop. Only the two guys in the back got wet.
    If it is rooted , there are plenty of bull sharks up the Brisbane River, might be hard getting one over 3 or 4 foot though, we could put in at Jindalee and head up to just past where the Bremer joins the Brisbane.

HI If she blowin 20kts, s/e, manly would be the best launch site, you'll get some chop from the leads at manly till you reach green, but then all the way to top of st helena shouldnt be bad, now im not saying its going to be smooth, but it is still ok, then from st helena acroos to the west side of mud, you'll hit chop again,, but you then hae the western and northern side of mud to fish and theres some good deep water around this area and you might even find a snapper .
    Wouldnt advise coming from the river, out to mud in anything less then 4.5m up, if winds are up, or you'll be in for a slow slow trip.
    Sunday mite be the better option.
    Rob/adam and i fished in 20kter the other day and i quite safe.
    regards

I ain't going out in the bay in over 20 knots. Getting soaked and pounded isn't my idea of fun!

Looks like I'll be in the Brisbane River, probably launch from Fisherman Is and fish around Boggy Ck or one of the deep holes.

Anyone else going to be around the same area?

Jeremy

Apathy is the enemy

Thanks for the links Magic Pudding

winds could be easing a bit .
    forecasts have dropped( a whole 5 knotts ) ...hope it comes down more.

still looks a goer !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I ain't going out in the bay in over 20 knots. Getting soaked and pounded isn't my idea of fun!

Looks like I'll be in the Brisbane River, probably launch from Fisherman Is and fish around Boggy Ck or one of the deep holes.

Anyone else going to be around the same area?

Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy , If I go it will be from Pinkenbah.
    20 knots is OK I'll put the clears on and go slow. I havn't been wet yet even when it rains.