Thread: 1770, pancake, turkey beach

1770, pancake, turkey beach

hi guys just wondering if anyone can tell me how these areas are fishing as i'm heading to pancake on saturday for 3 days. any reports would be great just hoping the weather is ok if not the estuaries will be the go.

Re: 1770, pancake, turkey beach

Kleiny,

Rob, Mackmauler is up there as we speak but he won't be home until Saturday night. The weather this week looks crap.

I'm heading up to 1770 on Sat as well for a week and hopefully will be going to take a look at PancakeCreek on day. Hope to do some mackeral fishing off Bustard Head.

Tony, Agnes Jack is your man - I'm sure he'll reply soon.

PS have you got your gear ready because I can taste crayfish

Bugman

bugman seen the weather fingers crossed for the weekend i will pack extra beer in case of the weather sounds like i'll be doing similar fishing to you hoping to chase some bluies tusk fish of bustard head also. were camping near the mouth of pancake hopefully i will be in a 15 ft centre console chooka's charters mayde see you there
    kleiny

Kleiny
    Fishing seems to be fairly consistant for mackeral at the moment around the rocks off bustad. Reefies are also going well with a fair few good size reds, (when the reef's open) >
    You should be able to pick a few of ya blueis in close around outer rock, particulary on the nw side.

Bugman
    Hope the weather comes good mate! mmmmmmmmmm crayfish!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Tony

agnes jack
    can you fish janson rock if so what is it like is it worth a look?

Fairly shallow water, but it is possible to cast in to the required spots, may be hard to get your fish out of the cover that way though

Always worth a try though! Most of the shallow white water areas around bustad should give you a chance at a few tuskies.

Regards, Tony

Bugman,

How about I save you a Schoolie Mackerel Fillet to swap with a nice fat juicy Crayfish you catch from 1770

Cheers
    Craigie.

Craigie

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Tony

Tell em he's dreamin !!!!

hey agnes jack last question before i come up there, is there any tuna about?
    Tim

Klieny
    The tuna have been coming and going, seems to be better odds on the mackeral at the moment. There was a lot of bird action yesterday, along the beaches and around round hill head. But yeah the bluefin are a possible option.

Regards, Tony