Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 of a kind

Re: 2 of a kind

im not a religous man (in fact im probably an atheist)
    but im prety sure it is written some where
    "let he who is without sin cast the first stone "
    raefpud ive been cruising this site for a long time but only recently started posting .
    And to tell you the truth i think you might be beter off either not commenting, or at least writing your comments down walking away and thinking about them and come back. If they still seem fine and productive post them! and if not edit them and then post.
    I only know this because i have the same problem some times and quite often walking away and coming back lets you see a picture from side on or out of the square its in.

phil

well that wouldnt be any fun would it Phil - if i did that i wouldnt get all the fantastic comments and criticisms like the one u just put up, and then no one would think twice about doing or saying anything wrong. I asked the advice of a fellow Ausfisher and much respected member of the site before i made these comments and his words were "its a public forum and you can say what you like, you are entitled to your opinion" ---- and so are you Phil

no your right i don't bring any fish i'm not sure of at home at all and i sure don't catch any fish just for pet food
    mind you i dislike cats even though i have heard they make good shark bait
    all i was saying is i don't like you name calling and think your message would come across stronger without it
    i know myself for one that if some one call me a name or puts me down i would just switch off right from the start

Could be one of 2 possibilities

1.Knowing the regulations but not following them
    or 2. Not knowing the regulations to start with.

Either way we can have the same outcomes.

Who here ALWAYS signals left when they are about to leave a round-about? I always do but there are plenty of people that don't. Are they guilty of no.1 or number.2?

no 1 sir!

yeh not big on that rule
    and how about locking your car when paying for fule???

What was the topic again?

Totaly agrree with you there Basserman.Raefpud maybe if you sat back and took ten deep breaths then started with your comments(without the name calling) maybe you would get some positve replies rather than the negative ones you have been getting.Don't get me wrong you have some very valid comments and you seem to know what you are on about.ie rules and regs.I myself don't know all the rules and regs or have forgotten them even after fishing for 30 yrs.eg My boat has been out of the water for 2.5 yrs did a trip with family out to mud island caught a heap of sweetlip thought the legal size was 35 cm threw them all back..Much to the disgust of the kids!!when we came home the first thing i did was to find out all the legal sizes in QLD now i have these in a folder in my boat.Had i asked the question on this site and had a reply from you starting with name calling i would have got my back up straight away and wouldn't have bothered with what you had to say.I have only been a member of Ausfish for about a month and have learnt heaps just from reading different threads.After all isn't that what this site is all about.Learning and passing on info to other people.

Dazza

A couple of nice trout there Bundy. # For the record they look like they are easily within the regulations, so you have done nothing wrong #

Of course it would be a good idea to investigate bag and size limits if you intend to fish for reefies regularly, but the criticism of some is not deserved IMO as you have broken no laws.

Cheers,

Mark

I thought they were 'lunar trout'??

Sean
    Yeah mate often known as "lunar tailed trout"

Cant see any problem with that ???. They are legal size, there is not a huge pile of em! #Well done Bundy . Real nice chewin there mate.

# # # # # Regards, Tony

I'm not sure of the exact species, but there are two Variola species in Australia - V. louti and V. albimarginata (coronation and lyre-tailed trout)- both look pretty much the same to me. #Both are generally lumped together in the coral trout label. #

Yeah, they are prefectly legal and great fish. #My original comment was simply that you need to know what it is to know if it is legal to take (or safe for that matter). #

It can be difficult to keep track of the laws, but if you are making a concious decision to kill an animal you need to know if it is legal to do so. #

BTW Bundy, good on ya for taking the criticism as I intended it- constructively.

seeing the post has now go a red stripe i was tempted to post a photo of some yellowbelly that that would take your breath away, taken in the 64 drought on the cooper but it also shows a camp fire so i wont as no doubt they have fire wardens in japan.
    last time i was there I made the coment to the person who sent me there that his money would be better spent putting it into OUR BACKYARD. no tax payers money or grants were involved.

Congrats on the red flag bundy

BOXHEAD WHERE HAS HE GONE