Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Washed up shark at Rainbow

Re: Washed up shark at Rainbow

Simon, did I see you guys fishn north of waddy before easter, big gold reels and a rubber boat looked like your style of beach fishn, there were lots of tigers on the banks 20ks out that wk anyway.
    rob

Hi Mackmauler,
    Yes mate that was us! You should have dropped in to say G'day! Hope you had a good time up there mate, we had an awesome time of it. Good to hear there were a few tigers around that week, we managed a good one late afternoon on the day you would have seen us, measured in at 12 feet 9. We also got a Dusky earlier in the day of approx. 11 feet. How was your fishing up there? the weather was just perfect wasn't it [smiley=2thumbsup.gif], great for land based or off shore. Fraser is a real special place!! If we cross paths again mate, stop by for a chat.
    All the best,
    James

Hey James, thats a good shark for off there, must have given those kiddies swimming round there a shock LOL. called in the day after I think and you must have moved on, had a pile of frames for ya. we had endless reefies coming aboard, got offshore most days, was good to it was mainly red throat and a mix of trout and parrot, hardly any rubbish. saw 4 tigers 1 day biggest looked around 17ft smallest 12, couple of hammers and whalers, 1 tiger sat at the back of the boat and took handouts, best fun had in ages. couple pics for ya.

rob

the rig.

one of the sharks

Thanks for the pics Rob, I've got a couple of the tiger we caught but need to downsize them a little, I will get Simo onto it soon. They are some great pics there mate, and your boat looks strangely familiar, I must have spotted it up there. You have some fantastic fish there, great stuff. There are some big tigers in those waters aren't there mate, our ultimate goal is to one day do battle with a fish in that 16-17 foot range, talking potential world record at that size!! The water colour is sensational in that tiger shot!

We did move on the next day, had our cousin visiting from overseas so wanted to show him the sites, would have been awesome to set up shop there for the week, hahaha, maybe next time! We also got some good video footage this trip, which turned out really good, but the photo's took a bit of a back seat, which is a bit disappointing now I'm sitting in my lounge room.

Take it easy mate,
    James

Here is one of the Tiger Photo's.

Hi Brett,
    I made a quick trip to check out the scenery and saw that Shark. Mate that was with me reckons its a Great White, so that will do me. DPI Ranger told us that it had been inspected for stomach contents but nothing out of the ordinary was found, he also said it was quite possibly a White. Apparently the council guys were supposed to get rid of it when they finished grading the track, it never was removed that I know off. If I didnt think I would get in trouble ( A lot of people around.) I was gunna souvenir those jaws.

Cheers
    James.

James
    A lot of the teeth especially the lower jaw had tried to be removed by the campers. All were broken off at the base wasn't to many left probably not worth the effort mate. Had thought that myself the day i saw it but they had already gone to work on them.
    Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man

i was wondering if somebody could tell me how to remove the jaws, and preserve them so they dont end up smelling??

Bobby,

Shithouse job, don't bother........ Trust me, been there..... Even induvidual teeth smell for quite some time....

Nath...

Bobby, it can be done but expecting a professional job first time around is a lot to ask.

I have a set hanging on my wall its a nice reminder of a mammoth battle

The job was done by Ben an ausfish regular, testament to the quality not a hint of smell as the end result, his rates are very reasonable, I suggest you go catch your monster and get in touch with him.

Rob

does he do grey nurse

was the pope catholic?

Rob,
    Would you tell the story that belongs with those, love to hear it
    Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man