Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shorncliff jetty( undersized fish taking)

Re: Shorncliff jetty( undersized fish taking)

welcome to the site. and great first post

Scott

Is there any Grey Nurse Sharks or Weedy Sea Dragons around Shorncliff Jetty??

Maybe someone should start a rumour

Nath...

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhead
    Is there any Grey Nurse Sharks or Weedy Sea Dragons around Shorncliff Jetty??

Maybe someone should start a rumour

Nath...
    No need for rumours mate........I've seen a 13ft Tiger pulled in from there and had quite a few biggies myself. That jetty is where I got my first taste for shark fishing, and there's only 10 ft of water! I pulled a metre long Wobby in the cast net one day.....Jeeeeez! That was fun :-) I don't let *my* kids swim near there, that's for sure.

Funny thing is, there's a lot of shark targetted on there but you never see the Asians (despite their love of shark products) fishing for them? They seem to *deliberately* target the smaller stuff. Get a look at their tackle. It's nothing to do with ignorance of the law or language problems........they're using size 8 (and smaller) hooks for ****'s sake!

cheers

kev

just thought id have my two bob worth, not long ago i went for a walk out to the end of the shorncliffe pier and saw a heap of " people" with about 10-15 very large sting rays. the rays were just thrown into the center area at the end of the pier and the flaps butchered off them. the carrcases were left in the middle of the pier with blood and guts and other crap just every where, it was a real pig sty. it would have been prob ok if they had left the place clean.

Kev,

I wonder if those tigers are partial to a bit of asian food...?

Nath...

Anyone seen the move "Boondock Saints"? FANTASTIC movie by the way. I think we need modern day hero's. Someone to take out the trash.

ATTENTION BIG_UNIT [smiley=Mr-T.gif]!! REPORT FOR DUTY TO THE SHORNCLIFFE JETTY IMMEDIATELY [smiley=stop.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

Being in the fishing tackle trade, the amount of asians who come in and specifically purchase size 6, 8, even 10 hooks is unbelieveable. And its not like they don't have the capability to catcha anything better. I;ve seen them wth the top of the range rods and reels. And when u ask them if they have a fishing license they look at you and hurry out of the store. A simple walk along the breakwalls down in my area will see 1 in every few fisho's an asian. And they sit there pulling in all manner of undersize fish. And when u questin them as to if they're letting the fish go they simply say, its pansize. Pansize my @$$. About 10 to a pansize. I reckon we should push a few in and pull them out and call them pansize. But they start being a little more careful when u walk along the wall carrying a shark. You jusrt tell them that when u lift fish out of the water that the sharks just come out for it and they back away quick smart.
    Cheers in your battle. We need to unify efforts and show our support.
    Matt

Guys I don't want a shitfight and I'm certainly not pointing the finger, but with a bit of your own time you can make a difference.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fish/14885.html

Think about joining with a mate and spend a day at your local
    fishing spot educating people.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

P.S. Join The Fishing Party Qld first. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Hi Dasher,

Does the "Fishing Party Qld First" have a web site. Does it need one ?

rgds,
    Steve

is fishwatch government funded?
    if so, if fish watch and/or dpi whoever they are, keep failing to send anyone out when a call is made.... (seems ####in pointless havin the number anyway!) ...at least use the money to put up some basic "fisheries regularly patrol this jetty" signs up and some general regulations for local fish!

shit, give me a bucket of paint and ill do it!

wheres shorncliff jetty ?