Thread: End of the line

End of the line

Fella's I need help.
    I am at the end of my patience. I moved up here a year ago, bought a boat and have fished Morton Bay almost every weekend and I can't catch anything bigger than my hand apart from the odd small gummy shark or Grinner. I am fishing around Mud, Peel, and anywhere else in the area with frozen squid, I don't know where to catch live bait, I have never fished in a bay before and to tell you the truth I am cracking the s@#*s, I am now come to this, begging for a bit more info so I don't feed the tiny reef fish anymore so you blokes catch all the larger species. Please help so I don't tear my hair out anymore. Cheers

Re: End of the line

I think most bay fishos will agree that getting good fish largely comes from local knowledge with regard to times, locations and baits and putting practices into play that combine these elements correctly. Over time you'll learn what works and how to get em. In the meantime, let people know what you're after and there should be a few people willing to offer some tips and suggestions.

Morks, I like the chart this wk end coming, if ya can handle the big seas ill reserve a spot for ya see if we can change that luck ay.

fishingnottake

what kinda fish were you looking for? there;s some nice yellowtail kingies to be caught out near straddie, as well as the occasional cobia, but when i wanted deacent fish i;d head out past morteon, or go down to tweed depends how serious you are, as to bait, try jigging around the deeper beacons, or the weed beds at blaksley's is always full of gar, and well worth hitting with a cast net, there's hardy head's galore at the beacons straight out form potts point at macleay if you ever need adeckie don;t hesitate to ask

fishingnottake

i forgot to ask, do you have a g.p.s on board or good charts, caus ei have some good marks i can give you. kjust have to dig my charts out.

Let us no when your available and will take you for a run.
    regards

I tip my hat to the gentlemen who have already offered their considerable knowledge and services to the new Ausfisher.
    Morks you've been offered help by the best in the business, let us know how you go.

I'm in the same situation as you Morks. Would any kind fellow Ausfishers be prepared to show me how its done ???

fishingnottake

i'd be happ[y to go out with oyou.. though i do deferr to webby, he;s a god, http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/grin.gif