Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you take your wife/husband/partner fishing?

Re: Do you take your wife/husband/partner fishing?

I take my girlfriend all the time. The only time I do not take her ,is when the wife wants to go Psst but do not tell any one
    Peter

Course I take the 'Handbrake' with me!

Otherwise I'd have to fetch me own beer, dig me own worms, pump me own yabbies, and carry the bloody esky!

SquareBear 8)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Always. My wife, Susie, is my fishing mate. Our boat very rarely moves that her and I aren't together. She's a good fisho and loves the crabbing too. Helps with the launch and retrieve and will sit quite happily till the wee hours while we chase after the threadfin. I can't imagine not having her as my mate!

Cheers
    Dave

52% say yes? Wow, that is surprising. My wife is afraid of the ocean so she doesnt come out at all. Good that, cos fishing is the only place I get to have a smoke these days.

Glen

i would take the missus out anytime but fishin's not her thing would rather lie on the lounge and read a romance book also i reckon she's bad luck , when she does come out the bloody boat breaks down # kids love being out in the boat eventhough i don't get to do much fishin #but that scores me points for solo trips
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

Yeh take her fishing quite often, she loves it! Besides she's well trained and organises the food and beer etc. and when the fish go quiet.....well it's handy to have a woman on board

DR, like you i just have to say boat and my better half is sick for 2 days.lucky i suppose she would probably show me up,has done so on rockwall at amity point with bream and 6 bar blue parot fish (the real ones not tusk fish).
    SNAFU.

Mine's a champ ... she went out and got her boat license so she can drive if I have a few beers ... I'm currently in the process of teaching her to reverse the trailer down the ramp, she helps with launch and retrival of the boat, likes to wet a line and will bait her own hook. Not keen on using live baits (yet) and still working on a few knots but overall she's got the makings of a great deckie. She comes out most outings despite occasionally suffering from seasickness .... but as she said, 'if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger!!!' #
    You go girl!!! #

Cheers,
    Herby

Erin loves to fish and used to chase marlin with me in NZ....haven't managed to coax her to come out wide yet but she'll be keen when I get to know the local waters a little better. We went over to Tangalooma (spelling?) on Saturday for lunch and had a ball with mac tuna on 3kilo on the way back......she's keen to get a womens team together to go over to the Bay of Islands for their lady's marlin tournament next year....it's huge and they have a ball .....perhaps one of the local clubs could do one (or does one) here.....I'd be up to help organise/promote and happy to put a team on my boat.

Our eldest kids (now in their 20's ) grew up fishing and our autumn leaf (now 9yrs) is keen as mustard.....ditto for helping out with a kids tournament.

Tight lines

Lincoln

hiya all, great to see all the replies, interesting stats hey....i shall close this poll on the 10th of June unless its inundated with responses between now and then...thanks to all so far and lets see a few more hey....

cheers

my wife & daughder love to fish my wife darlene has a boat licence does drive the boat of and on the trailer bait's here own hook's sherri has her own gear darlene keep stealing my favourite spin stick i had to buy her one.they dont like fishing in the winter my boys fish very ocasionally now they into fast car's they dont now that their missing. rodbender

Mines a beaut got her license so I can have a few insists on backing the trailer down[she's better at it than me].She doesn't like to go all the time so still get to go with mates.

I always go with my partner, Brad. Thankfully he is patient with me. We got our boat licences together, but I am still abit weiry about driving the boat. lol still practicing backing the trailer down, its a good thing I can laugh at my attemps. Slowly getting there. I grew up with fishing (fishing of the bank) so have no problems with baiting up or even cleaning the fish. (thats if I manage to catch any). I love the boat, the fishing and the whole experience. Nothing like being out in the waters, relaxing and having a good time.

Would love to, but she isn't interested. She says she would if we had a bigger boat, what are the chances of her actually letting me get a bigger boat, I don't think i have to answer that do I?

Mention the slightest hint of going fishing and she gets cranky as h*ll. It's like showing a red rag to a bull. In the end now all I do is go and enjoy the peace and quiet. i like the solo trips but normally have like any one of six deckies I can call on short notice.
    She is always interested in the catch though, and then cranky about how long it takes me to wash the boat. Figure that.

Angla