Thread: Mud Island pointers

Mud Island pointers

Fellow Ausfishers,

Any GPS points for spot X's for Mud Island and the Brisbane River would be most appreciated.

I am heading out there around 1.30pm Saturday.

Hoping to land a trophy Snapper or Bream.

Cheers

Mark

P.S. Just jokes!!!!

See you all Saturday

Re: Mud Island pointers

This mite help a little

Sorry Mark dont have a GPS, Been to mud a few times and have fished the north western side drifting for a few small squire. Bagged out two weeks in a row saturday morning just after day break. drifting from rock ledge to the marker for the boating channel. Biggest fish went 58cm down to around 45cm
    Great fun on baitcaster with 10lb braid

Hello Brian. Where can I get hold of a detailed chart like that one. I got a chart of the bay from Boat Books in the city and it has no where near the detail the one you posted has. When I asked about getting a more detailed chart the said you can't get them ???

Cheers,
    Jason

Hi Its one of the old dept of transport bay series charts, dont no if they make them like this anymore, the one Mud came off the chart only covered from lower river and approaches.
    chart no 2
    regards

Showing ur age now Brian #

As far as I'm aware they are no longer available. Bought mine about 10 years ago and they were hard to find then. Mine is printed in 1992 (third edition too) Chart no 9.

Ur right, they show plenty of detail tho.

Cheers,
    Tony # 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak