Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best BRISBANE landbased fishing spot?

Re: Whats the best BRISBANE landbased fishing spot

my fav spot around brisbane which nearly allways produces is the mouth of nudgee canal around the rocks in the mouth of jacksons creek and the sand banks, just like fish'n dan suggested... ive caught heaps of flathead on baits and lures here, big whiting and bream to 1.8 Kg on flesh bait on dark.

Drew

fishingnottake

theres some great spots down redland bay way, in the esturey's and even off the shore, as well as the little rock wall of viccy point, how far are you looking to travel, because the gold coast is absoloutly riddled with spots

chanquetas

I steer clear of the Gold Coast, I just dont like it down there. So I'll try these Brissie suggestions and see how I go, Im sure I'll get something. Thanks to all, I'll let you know if I catch anything.

Chanquetas - If you want to go for a fish sometime, let me know. If I'm free, I'll come join ya!

Re: Whats the best BRISBANE landbased fishing spot?

Wynnum Jetty is always good for bream got two in five minutes wighing .5 kilo each
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Hi snagking, I'll take a guess that you did a search as I suggested in your other thread, hence this old post re-surfacing

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

yeh theres some pretty interesting posts but no really direct ones exept for this one
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Quote Originally Posted by snagking View Post
    yeh theres some pretty interesting posts but no really direct ones exept for this one
    You ain't searching properly.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Just spent some time down at comslie beach. Not much there, caught a little bream, and released the little tacker . Only using dead worms and prawns, i'm sure if i floated some pilchard or something, more interesting things may have been caught

Here is a spot we use to go before we got the boat. Always caught fish. Bream, Moses Perch, Flathead, Squire, Soul, and have seen some big Threadfin salmon (100cm plus)chasing the mullet. There is a reef just out in front and you do tend to loose a bit of gear but what you catch there makes it worth while. Another technique there is to use pillies for bait unweighted and just cast it out about 6 feet in front of you and let it float with the tide. There are some big bream hanging around the rocks in bugger all water.

what would you recommend using at the lighthouse,
    lures,sp's,slugs or bait

cheers james

The rocks just south of Scott's Point (Redcliffe) at low tide around dusk or dawn . Walk out as far as you can as the tide falls and you'll get a couple of hours across the bottom of the tide. Regularly produces bream, flathead and tailor (depending on the season) and you'll also pick up a few pike at this time of the year.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Half a K north of Depression Bay Research Centre.
    Last 3/4 of tide. the lizards sit in drains as the last of the tide rolls out.
    Best place ever to learn how to use lures.

You are right about the Deception Bay flathead spot near the research centre. Its nicknamed "Flathead Hole" i used to fish there about 8 years ago, walk down onto the mud on low tide armed with just my rod and a yabbie pump. Your literally standing on your bait as there were tonnes of yabbies under your feet to pump out, and the place was littered with lizards, was catching up to 7 or 8 in a space of 2 hours most of the time.

Havent been there recently but im thinking about taking the tinnie over and flicking afew lures.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Johno~ View Post
    You are right about the Deception Bay flathead spot near the research centre. Its nicknamed "Flathead Hole" i used to fish there about 8 years ago, walk down onto the mud on low tide armed with just my rod and a yabbie pump. Your literally standing on your bait as there were tonnes of yabbies under your feet to pump out, and the place was littered with lizards, was catching up to 7 or 8 in a space of 2 hours most of the time.

Havent been there recently but im thinking about taking the tinnie over and flicking afew lures.
    You'll have to push through the crowds. I'll be there and so will half of Ausfish

kev