Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Return from Rainbow Comp!.. with big tailor!

Re: Return from Rainbow Comp!.. with big tailor!

chisel, what was the water clarity like? this seems to be a major influence along the double island beaches.

If i dont locate decent quality fish within say 15-20 min im moving to a different gutter and drain.

another thing to think about, the netters have been hitting the bottom ( teewah ) beach very hard over the last month or so. i try to avoid this section of the beach at theses times because the fish seem to become timid and are probly cautious about coming in close to the beaches. perhaps this is a factor as well.

apart from that, it may just be a case of bad luck... only 1 club comp this year has been virtualy a no fish event for me... i think it was the second week of april, we only caught about 13 fish between me and my partner( we fished very hard for the entire weekend )

Greg I sent ricky from the Rainbow Beach sports club an e-mail in regards to the final results of the comp. He tells me he is going to fax them to you for your use. letme know if you dont get them.

Drew

Drew,
    Water clarity that day was pretty good - as in it wasn't too clear or too murky with just about the right amount of foam on top as well. I really couldn't have asked for better conditions.
    We fished about 7 or 8 gutters, not staying for more than about 30mins in any spot, and we fished mainly up towards the start of the national park before the campgrounds. Yep, just bad luck.

Steve

your right steve, sounds like a case of plain bad luck

Drew

Thanks Drew i spoke to them yesterday and i soon received all the info via fax.

Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Drew,
    Cracker of a report. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Mate, can I get you to elaborate on your reply #10 on 1st Aug in relation to where the different species tend to sit. Myself, I have up until now only really gone after whiting and dart, but have a week on Fraser coming up next month (waiting, waiting!) with a new tailor outfit to blood, so would be interested in your reply.

regards
    Seamus