Thread: tin can bay

tin can bay

ok thinking of going to tin can bay on the weekend just for a fish sat / sun, i have never been there so i dont knwo where to fish or where to stay or what iam likely to catch, so any info would be greatly appreciated cheers

Re: tin can bay

Mate,
    There are any number of places to stay, depending on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Now heres the important info;

Bream, Whiting, Flathead, Squid, Blackall, Sweetlip, Squire, Reef sharks, Trevally, Tuna are all on the go at present. You can pretty much target most anything depending on whether your land or boat based.

Hope this info is some use to you.

Cheers
    James

yeah i have a 4.55 m boat, so what do you think would be my best bet to catch a feed

Try the Bluff, Browns Gutter, Big Mick. Theres a couple of reefy patches around where the barges cross but you need to find them on your sounder, about 20 to 30 metres deep. Keep your eyes peeled cause the Tuna can pop up anywhere. A few guys have been taking some big Greenbacks around the area on livies. Have a chat to Troy or Steve at Barnacles Cafe & Boat hire ( Right beside the ramp at Norman point), they will point you in the right direction on the day and they have fuel, bait, food and tackle. If you get down to Barnacles in the morning for Brekky, you can even feed & photograph the wild Dolphins.

Cheers
    James

Tin can has two of the best in Queensland
    1/ One of the best pubs
    2/ One of the biggest sandfly populations