Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norther Territory Trips!

Norther Territory Trips!

Hey Everyone,

Dad found out he has 2 weeks leave in january for the first time in a few years. Trying to convince him to go to NT for a week on a guided tour Just wondering if anyone one has advice on best places to go and charter operators to use. Also a rough idea of the price for 3 ppl for a week fully guided, looked on google and found some prices earlier but still need some more feedback. Also any reports from trips you have been on in january in NT would be AWESOME and if there are some good pics hopefully can show them to dad and convince him . Thanks Heaps

FINCHO

Re: Norther Territory Trips!

You bludging school like me Fincho. Hahah sitting here and meant to be studying... teachers cant see the screen. Hahah can i come to NT with ya. UR gena brain them

dont they teach you kids geography anymore LOL

ever heard of the monsoon?

Quote Originally Posted by mackmauler
    dont they teach you kids geography anymore LOL

ever heard of the monsoon?
    teach
    geography

i don't know those 2 words clearly i wasn't "teached" anything in school
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

HAhaha mmm... well we were meant to be learning stuff... cept we were on here.

HAHAHAHA....nah they are are still trying to teach us....but why listen when you can be fishing, thinking about fishing, reading about fishing or dreaming about fishing instead

FINCHO

fincho mate
    you could not have picked a worse time of year to go ,build up starts about october, big thunders storms everyday >,
    that pushes the humidity to around 99% every day and then the monsoons hit ( thats constant rain without let up) usually just after xmas and hang around for a week or so, that means most of the roads/rivers are flooded.
    some years it a dud and you can fish right through but thats rare.
    see if you can con you dad to go from around march onwards much better weather.
    cheers

Hey dugong,

thanks heaps for the advice i dont think dad will get leave in march but maybe next year. Sorry i thaught that december/january where the best time of year to go must have got the wrong end of the stick Ahh well thanks for the advice, will have to just convince dad to go to noosa in january again i know that was good last year

Thanks Heaps

FINCHO

Haha maybe i wont come to NT with ya Finch

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Hahaha that's why you're not conducting tours there. No Knowledge, and a Jackass attitude. Hahaha!
    If anyone goes during the reliable' big wet' then they take their own chances. Go during the dry, the winter, like the majority of the tourists, they all can't be wrong!! Oh............. and take little notice of clowns who've not been there.

Cheers

Dave

I don't know what you guys are on about. Sure January can be wet up the top end, but you not an asprin are you. Some of the biggest barra I have caught were caught in January up there, mainly fishing the mouths of the rivers. Just have to watch out for electrical storms, but most of the weather at that time of the year is monsoonal. This is the start of the big wet each year and a good guide will see you catch plenty of good fish.
    There are plenty of great guides up there, Try contacting Darrens Sports fishing, if he can't fit you in the he will put you onto another good guide or two.

Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Ah Darwin fishing. Had two trips. First to Shady Camp and nearby coastal creeks, second to Melville Island. Just tell your Dad he will never regret doing it. We scheduled our Melville trip for late March to get the run-off - but the wet went later than normal which stuffed things a bit, though still great fishing. If I was going again it would be in April or late October/November.

There is some pics of fish caught during January 1999 in this tread,http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...=1107097065/40
    Most of the larger fish were caught early Jan in the Adelaide River.

Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Last weekend in October, 4 days fishing Melville Island, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by frankj
    Last weekend in October, 4 days fishing Melville Island, can't wait.

Manupi Lodge ??