Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Surf Jew Bait

Re: Favourite Surf Jew Bait

Been fishing for Jew over number of years, would have to recommend either "Big Beach Worms" and lots of them, Or Fresh Tailor Fillets. Only trouble with the Fillets, to many other species have a liking for them.

Chemmy,
    mate in my experience i find that one piece rods feel stronger than their two piece cousins. I always feel more comfortable/confident when using one for tailor in the surf.
    Cheers

A one piece is a solid rod but 2 piece rods are alot more easy to use when driving distances.
    Matt

i ment 1 peice but the onlt problam with one peice is that the car i am going in doesn't have a roof rack or bullbar on which to atach a set of rod holders

houndog, you mention that too many other species like tailor fillets, but wouldnt you say the same for beach worms. bream whiting dart etc.

i think a whiting would be better then getting spooled by a 3meter tiger shark

Oh believe me getting spooled by a tiger is great fun. Fritzy did it two years ago. Saw it cruising along the shore cast a whole tailor infront of it. He was connected to it for about 10 secs during which time it took about 300 metres of line haha

LMFAO that would have been great fun

Its the chemmy and Jaskash show lol

it sure is

Live beach worm for sure .....except when chasing the big fellas, then the livies come out ...mullet or whiting preffered when the swell is running for their durability in the washy conditions , otherwise live tailor when the swell is small

Gettin spooled by big fish is good fun. For those few seconds while your connected all you can think about is wether or not it is going to turn around........then the leader breaks.
    Are there alot of sharks up there? This place is sounding like the place to head to, to muck around with some heavy weights.
    Matt

it is great up there and yes there are plenty of sharks so some land bassed game fishing is an option to. People do it and some people keep the shark to eat we found this next to the northern wall of indian head

oh and you will need a 4x4 to get onto the island

Yes lots of sharks. Tiger and bronzies mainly. Often see quite a few every time you hit the beach. And often quite BIG . Definitely a fishing option, we've certainly hooked a few.