Thread: Port Hacking

Port Hacking

Just wondering if anyone has heard any reports from the Port Hacking recently? I'm visiting my new nephew this week down there, and am going to get out for a fish or two if I can with a mate in his boat... Just wanted to try and get any info I could first...

There was a website that someone posted once that was a chat forum for down there, but I can't find the link anymore... Does anyone know it?

Re: Port Hacking

PM is on its way Dan.

yeah mate i know it , i now live in se qld but i grew up fishing the port hacking and numerous rock ledges through the nationaal park down to stanwell. in the river itself this time of year u may find some good kingys up around lilli pilli finely chopped squid as burley may just see u into one. black drummer used to be a favourite off the rocks through winter and u should still be able to get some good ones, drummer fishin is easy and pretty exciting. main bar is probably pretty good for flatties but out the back of shark island just outside the heads (no bar to cross , safe as houses ) the rat kingys are probably schooling up hard anywhere from 2-10 kg 50 fish in a session is very common, remembering ur limits. good luck mate and would love to see me old stompin grounds posted. cheers

Yeah I'm the same Jiggit. I grew up in Engadine/Woronora Heights (And lived in nearly every suburb in teh Shire) but am now up here as well (Thankfully!!!)

It's been a few years since I fished it, so was hoping for some up-to-date info.

I had a search around on Google, and managed to find the GPS marks for the wreck off Kurnell Heads, so will try and get there. Don't remember where it was, so depends on how far it is as to if my mates boat will get there... Also logged onto Google Earth, and was looking for some shallow reefs around. I spotted that one off the back of Shark Island, and I used to fish that many years ago... Some good snapper came out of there!

Will just need to see what he wants to do as well...

thats pretty blowie fishin dan cause i grew up in heathcote, recent report from me old fishin buddy is hes havin a ball on the kings in lilli pilli , i spoke to his brother last night who also lives up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    hes havin a ball on the kings in lilli pilli #

KINGY FEVER has hit the hacko !!!!!!

Get out you plastics and HANG ON # #