Thread: CQ Snapper??? how do you catch them?

CQ Snapper??? how do you catch them?

Can anyone give some good info about Snapper. I'm in Central Queensland I see alot of snapper being caught down south but they arent targeted up here much. I know they are up here, I just dont see them being caught much.

What rigs do you use?
    What bait is good?
    Where do they like to live / feed?

Any info would be appreciated
    Regards
    4eva fishin

Re: CQ Snapper??? how do you catch them?

Central QLD is about the borderline area where Pink snapper stop and Golden snapper (fingermark) start. You might be better off chasing fingermark. Best bait for em is live - fresh squid. the best area to find them are wrecks, jettys and isolated bombies or even creeks with some deep water. I prefer to chase them at isolated bombies or wrecks. Night time is much better then day time. I use 100lb handline. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate

they catch a few snapper up at flat and perforated(peak) islands N of roslyn Bay Harbour in about 45 m of water
    3 nice snapper in one trip best I seen though

turkey_beach_boy

hey 4evafishin we have caugth good snapper off the wreck the nataluis out from turkrey beach.you also get them at tularook and i have caught some squire near seal rocks.Heres some we got of the wreck,bait was cuttle fish

turkey_beach_boy

hey 4evafishin we have caugth good snapper off the wreck the nataluis out from turkrey beach.you also get them at tularook and i have caught some squire near seal rocks.Heres some we got of the wreck,bait was cuttle fish

turkey_beach_boy

oops

Nothing wrong with bragging on this site Turkey Beach boy!!!! With a catch like that you've got a right to be doubley happy

Cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

Turkey beach boy about sez it right ..The 14 mile sheds quite a few Snapper when they are about also..
    Cheers

PS, where abouts in CQ are you 4evafishin??..