Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brisbane Jacks?

Re: Brisbane Jacks?

HAHA thats the spirit.... just so you know churchie came 4th at athletics bbc 3rd.... wooooo.
    cheers

nothing counts except rugby and rowing and churchies record speaks for itself in both

HAhah our rowing record is fine.... won't mention the rugby though... HOw about basketball and AFL... do they count hahaha.
    Cheers

I've taken one jack in Nundah Creek, and that was in the cast net when I was chasing prawns. He was only a little guy and I released him unharmed. It probably means that there are plenty of bigger ones in amongst the snags. Must target them specifically one day and see how I go - maybe tomorrow would be a good day!
    Cheers Freeeedom

cuzzamundi,

If I had known they were that scarce I would have released it. But being new here I kept it, ate it, and it was pretty damn good. If you have a Refidex, Sandgate Rd., the boat ramp opposite Beaumont St. is exactly where I caught it. Believe it or not, I was actually trying to catch catfish.

I've since caught one more Jack, on the Gold Coast in a canal next to a street called Ashmore. Same story; used a prawn and caught the Jack almost immediately. It was a beauty. Fished for three more hours and no more Jacks, just small bream and a stingray. Seems like there will be one Jack in an area, it goes for your bait immediately, and once you've caught it that's it.

Jack_Lives_Here

I don't bait fish for them only lure and fly. Cabbage Tree creek around the Co-Op and further up. You will be limited without a boat. They are in the creeks in the brissy area and right in CBD - have to fish outside gentlemens hours though. My best fish came from a northside river - it went spot on 50cm on a reidys little lucifer.

onionpants,

yeah mate i dont blame you - you deserve to eat it pulling it from there! dunno if they hang out alone though, sometimes we've had a couple from the one snag in a short period of time, and experts always say to retry the same area immediately, as jacks are never usually alone. so you may have just got one that was moving through with a couple, but im not entirely sure mate. great effort either way.

jackliveshere,

mate do the reidy's little lucifers work at night? do they ever show up around the trawlers there at the coop? thanks heaps mate.

cheers,

cuzza