Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BIG FLATHEAD

bidkev

Re: BIG FLATHEAD

I fully intended to steer clear of this thread as I had previously stayed shtum on another. This from that other thread"

"IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY GOING TO EAT A DIRTY FILTHY FUC./KING RAY THAN YOU CANT CONSIDER UR SELF A FISHERMEN! THEY ARE THE RAT OF THE OCEAN!!! DIRTY FILTHY"

Now I don't know about you but I find this statement confrontational coming from a relative newcomer to the site. It is a personal attack on those who have taken the time to put forward a valid argument for eating rays. It is also. in netiquette terms, considered to be shouting (abusive).

The benefit of the doubt was given to the poster's "innocence" but I have to admit that I wouldn't hold any person responsible for having doubts as to that poster's sincerity if he later showed up in another thread, still shouting and exhibiting pics of large shovellies and lizards.

All I'm trying to illustrate here is that it is relatively easy to misconstrue someone's motives/sincerity via judgement of their "style" and this may inevitably lead to (understandably)judgement/misjudgement in further threads from that poster. Only time will tell.

cheers

kev

well i aint even gonna bother to enter in the debate about keeping/or not....................its done..............hopefully everyone will enjoy everyone elses opinion and maybe change their thoughts either way.................as for the stingray recipe..............as i replied in another post..........i challenge anyone to try the chilli stingray at newtons circus in singapore and walk away not enjoying it aswell as their chillie mudcrab.............bloody beautiful eating done that way......

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    ... All I'm trying to illustrate here is that it is relatively easy to misconstrue someone's motives/sincerity via judgement of their "style" and this may inevitably lead to (understandably)judgement/misjudgement in further threads from that poster. Only time will tell.
    cheers
    kev
    Kev - that made me laugh - your either the diplomat of the year or you know the kids are watching - if it feels like sh*t, smells like sh*t & tastes like sh*t - then it probably is SH*T !!!
    Regards - Rip

PS that green bouy up the Pine has definitely gone AWOL
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by uripper
    [quote author=kingtin link=1133059917/45#45 date=1133411838]
    ... All I'm trying to illustrate here is that it is relatively easy to misconstrue someone's motives/sincerity via judgement of their "style" and this may inevitably lead to (understandably)judgement/misjudgement in further threads from that poster. Only time will tell.
    cheers
    kev
    Kev - that made me laugh - your either the diplomat of the year or you know the kids are watching - if it feels like sh*t, smells like sh*t & tastes like sh*t - then it probably is SH*T !!!
    Regards - Rip

PS that green bouy up the Pine has definitely gone AWOL[/quote]

The kids are watching

Seriously Rip, I've made all sorts of wrong conclusions since I first started to use a computer. I once went through a long running war with someone on an autism newsgroup who later went on to send me mail from all kinds of weird places. Turned out she was brain damaged and the only thing that kept 'er going was LSD which was why some of her initial posts had been confrontational. She hated parents administering drugs to their kids, and to say that on an autism newsgroup was asking for trouble. Turned out she'd been force medicated nearly all her life simply because she couldn't communicate effectively.

That kid sailed up the amazon, was attacked by head hunters and all kinds of weird shit. She was living for the moment and was thoroughly enjoying herself.

A google of "Loonii" in groups, would show you just how hard it was for this person to communicate and how much she was hated. Everybody thought she was a he btw, but private mails to me and some others, when she had been given LSD, proved her to be highly intelligent and independent. She became a good email friend but one day, she just disappeared.

When it looks like shit, then I think of her, and I try not to smell shit so quickly nowadays
    That said, once it tastes like shit then there's no convincing me otherwise

Nothing to do with fishing really, other than she told me about the big stuff they speared in the amazon.

cheers

kev

Told you Kingtin is a sage

cheers mate

rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

I've read...re-read this post a number of times, front to back.

Can someone please, perhaps the original poster, put the issue to bed and confirm that the fish was taken in NSW ??

If this occurs then I would imagine the topic can be put to bed and everyone can go back to his or her corners.

I would imagine that most of the concerns stem from the assumption that the fish was taken in QLD and to the moment there has been only suggestions by others that the fish was wearing a blue jersey, not the original poster.

Regards Cameron.

"I've read....re-read this post a number of times,front to back.
    Can someone please,perhaps the original poster,put the issue to bed and confirm that the fish was taken in NSW??"

Mate you either skipped over my replies posted on the 28 Nov at 10 44pm and the 29 Nov at 8 27 pm,or you don't care much for what I have to say,either way,that's your perogative,but please be informed from this point on that the fish in question was caught from either the spur wall or the north wall at Evans Head.I have known the lad in question most of his life and have no doubt that when he finds his way back to a computer he will reply,this in turn will probably see him banned from the site which is a real pity because,although he is a firey little prick, all he did was keep a legal fish,plenty of which I have seen him let go in the past.I think it's about time some people here realise that others actualy go fishing to catch fish,if you personaly prefer to release fish good on you,but if others for whatever reason choose to keep a legal fish then the zealots amongst us should just get the F@#K over it and resist from pushing their ethos down the throats of others.

Banshee

That is what I would call a proper and clear answer.

So we can put the legal fish part of discussion behind us.

So thanks for settling this debate Banshee, no its not that I didn't care for what you had to say at all, you were the "others" as mentioned by me as suggesting that the fish was in fact caught in NSW. My 2 cents worth was not to thrust down views of anti-keeping fish at all, rather to simply suggest that the whole argument could be put to bed in the stroke of a keypad by the poster rather than suggestions by others who may or may not have known where the fish was taken.

Regards Cameron.

NIce catch any ways in nsw wales isnt it 1 flattie over 70cm ur allowed to keep.