Thread: how to catch flathead

how to catch flathead

When targeting flathead the way to go about it is with yabbies(aka nippers).
    flat head are attracted to them when they move.
    preferebly use a longshankhook not tooo big same size as the yabbies you are using.
    The other way to go about it is with plasticson just a jighead.
    Do not use the plastics too long about 1and a half inches long.
    Wind very slowley not too fast though.
    goin with these methods u will have no probs on catching flathead.

too fishing

fishingnottake

Re: how to catch flathead

that was mighty nice of you mate, what about where to fish, like gutters? which tides work the best? i heard a rumour that live mullet has been known to pull the occasional flathead, what about sp's? what kind, what sizejighead etc?

what is flat head?

J/K

fishingnottake

hmm just read my post and in hindsight could be miscontrued as harsh, i was just encouraging you to elaborate i swear

Bait is by choice, I prefer live poddies or legal size whiting hooked through the nose on a 3 gang. For beginners, sit at the mouth of a creek on an out tide where the shallow drops off into deeper water. When I was a pup my dad taught me to look at the sand banks at low tide and look for flattie beds. this is a long nearly rectangular bed in the sand where the flattie has been lying in ambush.
    The same fish will nearly always return to the same spot for a few turns of the tide so get some marks and return a few hours before the dead low and you should pick up the fish. If lures are your choice try Micro Mullet in the hot pink colour, Manns stretch 10 in the scarlet o hara colour or Halco scorpion in the gold/orange/black.
    Please observe the size and bag limit as the bigger fish are always breeding females.
    Tight lines
    Rob

sweet dude sweet dude
    yo u rok

Quote Originally Posted by kahla_creek
    Bait is by choice, I prefer live poddies or legal size whiting hooked through the nose on a 3 gang. For beginners, sit at the mouth of a creek on an out tide where the shallow drops off into deeper water. When I was a pup my dad taught me to look at the sand banks at low tide and look for flattie beds. this is a long nearly rectangular bed in the sand where the flattie has been lying in ambush.
    The same fish will nearly always return to the same spot for a few turns of the tide so get some marks and return a few hours before the dead low and you should pick up the fish. If lures are your choice try Micro Mullet in the hot pink colour, Manns stretch 10 in the scarlet o hara colour or Halco scorpion in the gold/orange/black.
    Please observe the size and bag limit as the bigger fish are always breeding females.
    Tight lines
    Rob
    Hi! I was also told by the tackle shop owner in my area, to use the same method as you said, look for the flatties beds at low tide, but as you metioned, it's better to fish them at run out tide, so do we come back like the next day to fish for them??