Thread: Car Lockup compound at urangan

Car Lockup compound at urangan

i plan to go over to fraser island for the holidays from urangan, i am wondering if there is a secure place i can pay to lock up my car, while i'm there for 9 days. any details would be great.
    damon

Re:  Car Lockup compound at urangan

Where you from Damon, I live in Maryborough and you can leave your car and trailer at my place if we can match game plans. Hervey Bay, especially the boat harbour is very bad for car vandalism and theft. It would not cost you anything and I can drop off pick up if we organise a schedule in advance.
    Regards
    Rob

you can join the harvey bay boat club for a small price and lock your boat trailer and car up in a secure lock up. Worth the money, we do it when we go up

Damon,
    As Rob said the boat ramp is gets visited pretty regularly by theives. I had my car broken into there.

What I do now is park at the caravan park, They charge a couple of bucks a night, and you have some piece of mind.

For nine days, it might be work joining the boat club as they have their own lock up car park and ramp.

have a look at http://www.boatclub.com.au/index.html

cheers
    George

David_P

I joined the Hervey Bay boat club and do use the ramp wash down etc, but they restrict the parking to 24hrs only, ie you're not supposed to leave your car/trailer in the lock up for days on end. Don't know how or if they police it, but that's what the sign says. Also, there is not a lot of room in their yard, so you could be forced to park outside anyway.

Are there any security cameras at the Urangan public carpark? So far I've been lucky there, but if going away for a few days or more will sometimes book into Hervey Bay Storage at Urangan, 41256044. It's more than a walk, but just a few $$$ in a taxi.

Regards,
    Dave.

Dave,

Even though the sign above the bin at the top of the ramp says "under video survellance", there is none. What a joke! >

The cops told me that they are always getting break ins there. I was there about 4 weeks ago, and a commodore in the marina carpark had its 4 wheels nicked!

Cheers
    George

David_P

G'day George,

Hadn't thought of parking at the caravan park, good tip, thanks. I rang the guys at Hervey Bay Storage at Urangan and they're fully booked for outside storage, bugger. I'm hoping to head up for the new years weekend, and the plan was to leave the boat in storage then shoot up from Brissy for as many weekends over Jan/Feb as possible. I have a few other options though, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by damons33
    i plan to go over to fraser island for the holidays from urangan, i am wondering if there is a secure place i can pay to lock up my car, while i'm there for 9 days. any details would be great.
    #damon
    Damon check your PM's mate.

Hi Damon,
    Hope this isnt to late to help you but the Sandy Straights Resort has lockup parking avalible. Its located 150 metres past the boat club. ( you will see the sign) I dont remember how much it costs but give them a call. Enjoy Fraser mate!