Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best photo ever seen

Re: Best photo ever seen

guess who's next, muzz.

Hi Walshy
    Doomy wrote this 2 days ago about that Hammerhead head.
    « Reply #23 on: 21.12.05 at 23:29:57 » The story on the Hammerhead was in Fish & Boat a couple of years ago, the pic was on the front page.

They caught it on the Ribbons Reefs of Cairns chasing Marlin and played it for a fair while when a Oceanic Tiger estimated at 16 feet attacked it. Two bites and disappeared.

The was alot of debate on it at the time and no-one could disprove it and there where a fair few witness's on the boat.

So, I posted the picture and other ausfish members filled in the missing details. I was sent that photos months ago, with no expanitory note attached, but now I know.
    Merry Xmas
    Rose

Hi Dorado
    I would love to see that photo too, of a shark inside another shark. Someone in Ausfish would know how to find it. I may try too
    Bye
    Rose

That hammerhead was caught of the ribbons a couple of years ago a big tiger was supposed to be the culprit. Locally there was a lot of talk about the photo being staged. But I've seen plenty of tigers up that way that would quite happily bite it in half.
    good photos Andrew.

Ive seen a few pics of smaller sharks in otha sharks. I think theres one in salwater pics somewhere. Its common for sharks to eat other sharks. I read a story a while ago about a great white that had a smaller shark inside it which had another shark inside it.
    Great pics.
    Matt

bidkev

This'll teach the deckie to put the bungs in before we leave!

Cant Remember where I found this, but it would have been a ripper of a reddie.

Thanx Oceanx
    For posting that photo. I am the one who originally posted the photo of Hammerhead Literally, and I cannot believe the response about it. Then again, the photo is amazing and still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up everytime I look at the photo and think of what swims under our boats sometimes or the hook up you get sometimes that nearly rips the rod out of your hand and thankfully the line breaks or is bitten through. We live in Cairns and the fish up here are usually too big to even pull into our boat, but never have we had a catch that has been eaten like your photo. I have saved the photo in my documents and will share it with my family very soon.
    Thanx Rose

There must be other great photos out there of great fish. I want to add more to my collection as nothing stirs the imagination than fishing yarns and photos. I also love squid as they amaze me and I wonder if anyone has some photo s of the ones they caught especially big squid?
    Cheers

Hi vanurose, we get some huge cuttle fish from time to time , will try to scan some photos & get back to ya, muzz

best i could do for now, muzz

have to love the top photo, sure we have all been there,muzz.

This one off the net, muzz.

that is my future boat

and my future garage contents