Thread: Beach fishing near Esperance WA

Beach fishing near Esperance WA

I am new to beach fishing and would like any help in regards to line, rigs, hooks, baits and sinkers for beach fishing. We are heading off next week and would like any tips at all that might help. It will be off the WA coast near Esperance if that helps any but all general info is much appreciated!!!!!

Re: Beach fishing near Esperance WA

Basics of beach fishing in Esperance are likely to be the same as anywhere else. Best place to start is on this website.

Up top you will see a "Hints & Tips" tab, go to "Becoming a better Fisherman" and click that. Down the page there is a link to "Beach Fishing"

Thanks for that read the tips and they were very helpful.
    So from that I believe a 4-8kg line using #4-#5 hooks, trace about 1m long at 15-20kg. They tell there are skippy, salmon and some bream so will be going for the 3 gang hooks with pilchards.
    How am I doing so far???

I don't know what "skippy" are but salmon and large bream will happily take a pilly on gang hooks. Use smaller pillies on 3 x 3/0 for general fishing or frogmouth pilies on 3 x 1/0. (we are probably 60% Queenslanders on this site)

The main key is to find gutters and holes that hold fish. The forage fish will be in close to the breaking water looking for food stirred up by the sand, the predator fish will use the deeper gutters to come in looking fto feed on the forage fish or baitfish schools.

The forage fish can be got on light gear with small hooks using beach worms, pippies, cockles etc

I usually have the best luck on the last half of an incoming tide and first hour outgoing.