Thread: Bull Shark bait,

Bull Shark bait,

Hi every one going fishing in the logan on saturday what is the best baits for little bull sharks, and what sort of tackle would I use I.E what sort of trace etc.

land_based

Re: Bull Shark bait,

hey falcon,

WHen i go shark fishing i use nylon coated steel trace up to 150 pound, the best bait i have found is the freshest mullet you can find, fillet it, and marinate it in tuna oil or blood or something similar.

good luck

live mullet,bream,catfish,mother in law , x girlfreind,boss anything that stinks thell love it mate

Make sure you use a long trace so they don't rub thru your main line when playing them in. Any trace over 1.5m should be fine for the size your likely to encounter.

I also like to use ganged hooks 4 x 4/0's

Louis

44 magnum powerhead is good bait

Pitty Mick now be a good spearo and put that away.

mate pike eels. long nylon coated wire trace up to 400lb. SHARP hooks!!! let em run before you hurt em. fish the bottom. use cable ties and two hooks per trace! enjoy the perfect machines!

cuzza

Fellas, the man said small sharks! I use 3x4/0s (whole frozen poddies) or 3x6/0s (eel fillet - very popular) and 6 inches to a foot of 20 pound nylon coated wire (the heat weld stuff) and then a few feet of 25 pound leader. Get too carried away with wire and big hooks, and you'll scare even jaws away!