Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Best Ever Fish?!?!

Re: Whats Your Best Ever Fish?!?!

The best fish was a 12kg red from fraser

38lb Black Jew with a 28lb straight after..........and I`m talking 10 seconds after the line hit the bottom.

Damn I gotta get a scanner for these pics
    Delivery driver stopping at most tackle shops and servos from the Sunny Coast to 1770 over 3 days. Maybe I should pay them

hows the guy with the cod on the deck thats what they do to you. my best are two yellowfin 52kg and 63kg; yellowtail king 39 kilo and my best battle due to the amount of rum i had ingested a 39 kilo jew tacken at the central coast of n.s.w. it took a live bull mullet @ 40cm long and ran me from one end of beach to another for an hour called it for many things but was very happy when it shined silver and gold in the torch light . gaffing it is another story with a painfull ending for another time.

bidkev

Here in Oz, apart from some very big vermin, it was this feller going 42lb.

Had skate to 200lb back in Scotland

kev

A small 36cm Samson Fish. If sharks are included 125cm. I think it was a gummy or a blind shark.

Kingcobe
    Go mighty Broncos

Go Wallabies

Got this tuna on one of my first trips out on moreton bay. I used to think there were no fish here, but know better now

turkey_beach_boy

the best we caught is 35 kg cobia.it was that big we had to cut it in pices to weight it.eah fillet went abut 8kgs the head went about 10kgs

Would have to be be a 22kg Golden catfish in the Gulf of Carpentaria when i was only a 12yr old kid. Recently, probably two monster flathead in one day (90cm and 84cm). My first jew from the surf at fraser this last month was pretty good to, though only a small fellow.

amm probs a 23kg tuna and a 18kg wahoo caught out from moreton

Whats everyones biggest BARRA and/or JACK??
    Morty

90lb cod at Great Keppel, 25 kg cobia x2(same day), weekedn before last I got my biggest coraltrout sofar 72cm, 19.8kg of red emporer, and my biggest red jew to date 22kg made my emp look small, 28kg of spanish mackereal.that big cod still at keppel

Dogtooth tuna around 20kg, caught around Balicasag Island in Philippines

By best fish for the species would have to be this nice 41cm whiting. very fun and tasty too!

Note - that is a platter not a plate, the the smaller one is 36cm. so you can see the size difference

My best is a 12.5 KG Snapper of Port Broughton in SA. Was a great fight, played with it for about half an hour (using 15 kg line).
    cant say anything else has ever come close to being as good as that catch.

hope to top that one day!

Add a 112cm (15kg) barra to my tally.

Foul-hooked behind the ears but fixed her with the new Shimano100

Mozza