Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did you start to use Ausfish ?

Why did you start to use Ausfish ?

Hey Ausfish members

If you havent worked out yet, I'm from SA. I've been so impressed with this forum I want to set up something similar in SA. We've got forums for fishing - but with 58 posts in 6 months they're not doing too well.

I'm keen to know why Ausfish members joined this forum in the first place - please participate - Naturally the results of the poll will be interesting to Steve as well. I'd like to apply the logic of why this forum is so successful, back home, and see if I can get a similar forum with well shared knoweldge going

The poll allows you to select as many answers as you like, lets yous ee all the responses, and allows guests and members to take part

Thanks for your input, looking forward to the results.

Catchy Fishy

Ps The reason I keep attaching the foam popper is I still can't upload my AVATAR and have given up

Re: Why did you start to use Ausfish ?

SA= South Africa hey?
    I'd be interested to see some catches you have in that part of the world.
    I joined because my parole officer said it would help my case if I had people in the everyday public that I could use as personal referres. Nobody I personally knew offered so I had to find new freinds. Now I just stay here cause it helps me get in touch with all new mammas .
    Cheers, Jay

jay appears we share the same parole officer ...

but the most important reason that i keep coming here is because it appears to be mostly full of SE QLd based people which is excellent cause that's where i am.

G'day
    Similar reasons to porl. I have stayed here because of the locality of the majority of people. I used to be a member of fishnet... but got sick of the constant bitching.
    Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

this is the best site for 3 main reasons

1. It has more useful information about fishing, "fishnet" topics range from the AFL to Victorian State politics, then there are 20 threads about where the snapper are biting in Port Phillip Bay

2. Steve keeps the housekeeping up to date and while I have had some occasional irritations with moving posts, I understand why and appreciate a well maintained site, free of bitchiness

3. Geographically it suits me as well because Im a Queenslander and therefore the material is relevant. It would be hard to have a truly national forum because WA (for example) is just as different and far away as NZ

my shrink said I should get out and meet people
    and my Doctor said I should take up sport.
    So I figured I kill two birds at once so to speak.

Note to self ....maybe change doctors.

Mick

DaneCross

Google - its a wonderful thing. Stumbled across Ausfish while searching for local fishing reports... What a find!

A mate who lurks on the board begged me to comment on some mis-information that had been posted. Seems he thought I knew what I was talking about - silly bugger

I got here through google as well.

Can't even remember what I was looking for.

Have been lurking around as a guest for quite a while.

Than decided to join.

I live in another country, do different fishing and still find the site both usefull and entertaining.

I dont really know how I came accross Ausfish but I am sure glad I did. Couldn't live without it. I would probably get a lot more work done if I hadn't found it.

Cheers

Mark

I too am a new member, and I stumbled across Ausfish by accident searching the internet looking for info on SP fishing. Over the years I've spent close to as much money on fishing magazines/journals/articles as I have on tackle. I'm not aware of any other resource as useful as this site is for fishing QLD, particularly the south east. The abundance of helpful people and good information on this site is nothing short of amazing.

I love all the stories and pics

Cheers - Benno

Quote Originally Posted by DC
    Google - its a wonderful thing. Stumbled across Ausfish while searching for local fishing reports... What a find!
    Same here

Stumbled across Ausfish while looking to buy fishing gear on line (google), actually brought two reels before i found the chat site, eventually signing on. Its been an enjoyable ride since then, learnt lots and still learning, i live in the NT and still find the information gleened from this site relevant and very usefull and ya can have a good laugh at the humour.

Cheers.

MAL.

Agree with opinions already expressed. I was an avid "Fisnetter" until someone mentioned in a thread that Ausfish was much better for Queensland anglers, so I had a look. How right they were.
    Cheers Freeeedom