Thread: 1770/Agnes Water

1770/Agnes Water

Hi All,

I'm taking the family to 1770 over Easter (if we can get into a caravan park). I have a 5m Quintrex and a sea kayak. Which one should i take or should i take both? Our kids are 4 & 1 so i'm not to keen to take them out too far offshore in the boat. What's the fishing like in Bustard Bay? Any information is greatly appreciated.
    I tried to PM Agnes Jack (Tony) for information but as i'm a new member i wasn't able too. I'll make sure i call in to see him.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Big Daz.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Re: 1770/Agnes Water

Take them both if you can Daz.

Fishing in the bay and across it can be very good or just outside the headland can provide great sport. The river itself holds good Jack, Bream, Whiting and Flathead etc too.

I'll send Tony a PM and ask him to check this thread.

Cheers
    Dave

Thanks Dave. Got your pm, i'll keep my eye on my post. Looks like we'll be going mid March as Easter is booked out at the 1770 camp ground. This one sounds good as i can put my boat in the water and leave it there for the week.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Yep I have done the same Daz. Camped at the grounds and left the boat in right in front of the camp. You will need to keep an eye on the tide as at low water your boat may be high and dry. A great camping ground, good amenities, I'm sure you'll love it. If you're chasing after muddies, go right up the creek. Just follow the main channel and go up a fair way until you see it starting to branch into little tributaries. Put your pots up there out of the way of the main traffic. I think it's about 4 or 5 kms. Once again, watch the tide and the sand bars.

Cheers
    Dave