Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: live bait in moreton bay

Re: live bait in moreton bay

Holy Sharkcat Batman thats one heck of a family boat!

You can fit a alot of snowcones for the kids in a 120L built in esky!!! You'll need some paid up deckies to fuel that beast or a sticker on the back that reads, "No one rides for free you can pay in GAS, GRASS or ARSE (ladies only)".

I'm still unsure whether these old boats are good value for money or not. When you can pick up an old Haines 19R for $12K and remotor it you are looking at 30K all up and there are some good boats in that price range available secondhand in good nick.
    Cheers
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

all up it has cost me $24,000 but that includes about $4000 worth of electronics. I aslo gave it a new coat of polyurathane and rewired the whole boat, including a complete new instrument panel with faria gauges.

it cam with a trailer with new brakes, tow hitch, lights, handbrake cable and jockey wheel. I actullaly purchased it off a guy that sells tralier parts.

The engines have 50 hours and 200 hours only and seem to be in good condition.

So for $24,000 I dont think you could do much better.

JEBUS!!!

Sounds like you've got a top rig there mate!!!

You could just duck over to NZ and get a few livies from the sound of it he he he

Check your PM's.

I have a beautiful old Norman Wright 46 footer, it gets difficult to hold her off the beacons as the current and the wind get get hold of me, my alloy tender got a bit of a touch up last time I had a go, is there any other shallows where the bait fish school towards the North of Moreton Island??

Quote Originally Posted by BrewGuru View Post
    I have a beautiful old Norman Wright 46 footer, it gets difficult to hold her off the beacons as the current and the wind get get hold of me, my alloy tender got a bit of a touch up last time I had a go, is there any other shallows where the bait fish school towards the North of Moreton Island??
    The coffee rock around comby point usually holds some form of bait or try the curtain artificial.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BrewGuru View Post
    I is there any other shallows where the bait fish school towards the North of Moreton Island??
    Try western rocks on your way to the reef. Someone posted the GPS marks on here not long ago.

Cheers Scott.

Thanks Guys,

I'll give both replies a shot in the New Year. I'll be off the wrecks New Years Eve