Thread: 1770 Offshore in May, April??

1770 Offshore in May, April??

Hi Guys,
    I haven't been to 1770 for 20 years the only thing there last time was Blacks Shop on the corner and we could have bought a block of land for $20,000 right on top of Round hill headland. Should have done it hey..... At that stage it was protected by miles and miles of really bad dirt road from Mirriamvale. I now own a 625 Cruise Craft and i am looking to spend a week there aroumd May? We were hoping for some Reds and Trout. Do we have to go to Lady Elliot? or is there good reef closer?? And will the Reds be there then??

Cheers
    John H

Re: 1770 Offshore in May, April??

You won't know the place when you get there. I've been going up there for the last 15 years man has it changed.

You don't need to go elliot. Thats way too far. There is some good ground off musgrave and inside the islands. Just make sure you fish outside the marine park closure zones now. Best to get a map from the local tackle shop up there. Tony at agnes should be able to help you out with that.

Thanks for the reply, have you ever been there is May?? What's the fishin like??

beware. the captain cook festival is on in may so it gets really busy on land around that time with tourists cumin and goin

Good time for reefies mate
    You can get good trout etc way closer than that
    Bitumen from all directions now, and YES you should have brought a few of those blocks back then!!

Regards, Tony