Thread: stessco boats

stessco boats

G'day

I'm thinking of buying a new boat. I need 1 to cast soft plastics off the front & in general use in the estury. I've been looking @ a stessco - a kakadu carrier. how do u rate these boats?

Cheers
    Nick

Re: stessco boats

Hi nick
    I have just ordered a hurricane 445 From Michael at wondal road marine
    very easy going and gave me a great deal i shopped around and found the stessco to be value for money. I also found that if you know what you want in a package price arround for eg iwanted a 50hp tiller steer
    elec start trim and tilt also a braked trailer the difference in the prices will amaze you.
    I cant wait to get my new rig hope this helps
    regards Jeff

Hi Nick is it a stessco or a allycraft, I know allycratf has a kakadu karrier if it is I have a 4.1 top ender allycratf which is the same hull just different interal layout. I do all the things you want to do with fishing and more.

Regards Biff

WHITTO

G'Day Nick, In terms of strength and cracked welds, I cannot fault my boat a Stessco Bass Tracker 3.85 used only for Freshwater, Good Luck and Cheers Whitto

i looked at a stessco 4.2 catcher, i really liked the casting decks seat layout etc but it looked like the apprentice welded the boat so i ended up buying a bluefin 4.2 mangrove jack, similar layout and price. 3 years later still very happy with my bluefin.

Have the Catcher 4.2. Comes standard with a 3mm bottom, deepest V in a similar sized dory I could find. Couldn't be happier with the ride, crosses local bar no worries (when conditions allow for a 4.2!) excellent in chop, very dry boat in all but the worst conditions. Also has an extra rib than most, only wish she was painted! Would be happy to buy Stessco next time, probably the Bonito.
    Cheers.

I have owned a stessco 4.55 offshore for 6 or so months. Awesome boat
    extremely stable, durable and well built. Probably a different kettle of fish to what your looking at but I'm more than satisfied. Mine has extra wide gunnells and from what I'm led to believe these are an option on some models, worth a look if not to exxy.
    Good hunting, Billy

G'day fellas

thanks for your tips i think that i will look further into stessco boats! i went to River city marine @ the breakfast creek wharf & found that the sales people were very helpful & had great service. not 1 to give a free plug, but look them up when you r looking to upgrade!

Cheers
    Nick

The kakadu is a good boat but I have been looking at the Saratoga which is a 4.4metre barra type boat the same as the Kakadu and for 300 mil less you get a pretty good wide deep boat that really looks the part.

Hi, obviously this is an old post... but I am also looking at purchasing a 2000 model Stessco 4.6 Kakadu Karrier with a 2 stroke 40hp, and am having trouble finding any info on these hulls.
    Anybody know the max HP rating, beam and or hull thickness of these boats? They look solid.... how would they compare with something like the more modern Quintrex explorers or hornets?
    Cheers.