Thread: brissy southside/g'coast pike eel spots

brissy southside/g'coast pike eel spots

gday all,

hope youre wetting the gear sometime over the break! just wondering if anyone could lemme in on any RELIABLE pike eel spots? my best mate's in woodridge, and hit me up, but i didnt know that side really well. any specifics'd be awesome. thanks heaps in advance, and i'm sure you wont mind telling me when it's only these boys i'm after!

cuzza

Re: brissy southside/g'coast pike eel spots

hey mate we used to get a heap in weinam creek at redland bay on livies good fun the ugly looking b@stards

you guys got a pic of one of those eels? id love to see one

thanks heaps matt, will chek it out. have a good easter.

cuzza

blue-mako

there eels everywhere in the river.... the biggest weve cort is around 5.5 feet though im certain there bigger ones in ther.... they are a pest we normaly make short work of them with a meat clever and bak in the water they go... it can be annoying when they take over from the salmon > but can be such a relief wen your not catching anything...
    cheers, troy

Jacobs well jetty used to be the spot where I could always catch one or fifty use either live bait - herring or mullet - dead frozen alive whatever - they love the stuff. afew weeks ago after all the rain they werre getting them at the Victoria point jetty but I think that was because all the fresh out of the logan. You shouldnt have a problem finding a few - just try fishing for Jew - then your bound to catch more than you can handle - oh yeh take a big whacking stick!!