Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where can i catch mangrove jack in brisbane?

where can i catch mangrove jack in brisbane?

g,day

ive been fishing around brisbane for a jack but have failed to catch any . so can anyine tell me where to fish for these jacks, and what is the best tackel and bait for them.

any tips or help on how to catch these fish would be great.

cheers.

The_Bulge

Re: where can i catch mangrove jack in brisbane?

Landbased or boat ?

Klink

ive got a boat

ask no-luc he got some big jacks at the Banks
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chop juniors fluke,,,,,

bribie island,,,,around the lock,,,,most of the creeks etc etc

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

To Choppa
    Yes it can get better - when you have 15 like this in your bag, and the last one pulled your boat into the mangroves.
    Neddey

Mate I've only ever caught one and it was at Kalinga bank at Jumpinpin.

Head up to coochin creek north of brizzy. This area produces jacks all year round . december - febuary is best . try using live bait poddys if you can get em, late arvo to dark seems to best , good luck.

hey u think ray marines the go over furono at money prices in comparison brown dog for the same price comparrision

There is a spot just south of Tipplers near the mouth of the Coomera river thats great for mangroves. The only thing is it might be a bit further south than you were hoping for.
    saphire.

blue-mako

hey fellas...
    i have never heard of a good mangrove jack spot in brisbane to date.... the closest ive heard is good and gone and had a look at is roys road... i decided to have a look after a drive from brisbane to the aussie fishing park at bli bli on the sunshine coast ended up with a flat tyre and the racq fella told us about roys road... its off the highway and before bells road (if ur heading up the coast) and a few had jacks when we arrived ther...

cheers, troy

nabs12

Hey guys
    Im landbased and would love to catch a Jack aswell
    I've heard that in the coomera river under the motorway bridges is good for jacks, any1 else know about that?
    also my local tackle shop told me a spot bulimba creek near the brissie river, I havent tried any of these spots though..
    Cheers

thanks for all that information, i'll have to go try some of these spots.

hi all ive caught jacks in tingalpa creek up stream of the car bridge when the prawns run.

Flash

Quote Originally Posted by blue-mako
    hey fellas...
    i have never heard of a good mangrove jack spot in brisbane to date.... the closest ive heard is good and gone and had a look at is roys road... i decided to have a look after a drive from brisbane to the aussie fishing park at bli bli on the sunshine coast ended up with a flat tyre and the racq fella told us about roys road... its off the highway and before bells road (if ur heading up the coast) and a few had jacks when we arrived ther...

cheers, troy
    If it's the Roy's Road i'm thinking of, it would bring you out the Pumicestone passage north of Donnybrook.
    Is that it?