Thread: Long Tail Season?

Long Tail Season?

How much longer can we realistically expect these critters to be around in the bay this year, and when does the season start again?

Good luck,
    Mike

Re: Long Tail Season?

It is my belief that resident schools remain in the Bay all year round. I know i have caught them in the past in the middle of winter!
    we are very lucky hey

Quote Originally Posted by 2iar
    How much longer can we realistically expect these critters to be around in the bay this year, and when does the season start again?

Good luck,
    Mike

Me thinks you are "hooked" now ey.... he he he

There's one way to find out.... Say... 2 weekends time maybe Except this time it's your turn on gaff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Dan
    [quote author=2iar link=1146626497/0#0 date=1146626496]How much longer can we realistically expect these critters to be around in the bay this year, and when does the season start again?

Good luck,
    Mike

Me thinks you are "hooked" now ey.... he he he

There's one way to find out.... Say... 2 weekends time maybe Except this time it's your turn on gaff!!![/quote]

I sure am - what a buzz!

I'm heading out for another lash on Saturday. I don't care if we don't get on to any of the bread'n'butter stuff, I just want another go at these guys.

Unfortunately, this might be my last chance for a while - May's a busy month with my birthday, my son's birthday and a big bucks bash at Surfers taking up the remaining weekends. After that, I'm off to Scotland on LSL then a Moreton camping trip, so it might be August before I'm out in the bay again

I'll keep you posted.

Good luck,
    Mike

Hi Hi,

New to the site.

I have caught the longtails landbased off bribie even in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc03
    Hi Hi,

New to the site.

I have caught the longtails landbased off bribie even in August.

Welcome to the site Doc.

Thanks for the info...that good news, and hopefully gives me another 3 months to get one

Good luck,
    Mike