Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what happened to wa pillies?

Re: what happened to wa pillies?

bump
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

One would think so given fairly recent history.
    Seems a little absurd to be feeding the farmed tuna with pilchards when it has been demonstrated that they can be fed grain based products.
    There are at this stage no plans by fisheries to develop a pilchard/sardine industry in Qld waters - thank christ.

if you live in qld and cant get em from a seafood outlet try ordering them from amart #########, but make sure there not imported. I used to work there and at the time found them of good quality,........ when i couldn`t gettem fresh not a bad substitute.

oops wasn`t aware of that, wont be mentioned again just tryin to helo out another fisho

barry_york

If u get a crook lot of pillies try this,it works for me.
    Get a large dish and a bag of pool salt. Lay a good bed of salt on bottom,on that a layer of pillies.Repeat till dish full. Keep a tight lid on it and regulary pour off liquid.Do this for a couple of days and bloated soggy bait becomes very useable and doesn't seem to affect fihs catch.
    Give it a go!
    bazza2

The best pillies I have found for a long time I was put onto by Jaybee a few years back. They are sold for human consumption so have to be fresh. They are nice and firm and shiney and some of them even bleed a little when they are defrosting.

Richards Brothers Seafoods - 3 McConnell St Bulimba. A 12 kg IQF carton is $50

I pay $2 for a box of 20 big size click lock bags from Coles and depending on the pilly size put 25 - 35 pillies in each when I get the carton home. Just lightly drop the carton on the concrete 2 or 3 times and they separate into individual fish ready to pack into the zip bags.
    I take 1, 2 or 3 bags out depending on what type of fishing I am doing.

marlinqld

I buy all my bait from ##########. i can pick it up from here in brissy so it works out great and very cheap for me.

The fish havent complained about the bait yet so seems to work for me and helps with the costs. The squid and pillies are OK. Havent bought any other bait just those 2.

Cheers

G'Day guys,

I like the look of the bait available through the ########## website.

I couldn't find from their website whereabouts their Brisbane cool store is, has anyone here picked up an order from them?

If so, whereabouts is their coolstore?

- Darren

marlinqld

Hi,

I have bought quite a few from ##########.
    His cold store is at eagle farm, just off Holt St.

I have no complaints about the pillies or the imported squid e sells. The squid are very big, and the fish like it so who cares?

http://www.##########.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean
    G'Day guys,

I like the look of the bait available through the ########## website.

I couldn't find from their website whereabouts their Brisbane cool store is, has anyone here picked up an order from them?

If so, whereabouts is their coolstore?

- Darren
    Send him an email with your number he'll give you a call and you can pick them up out of bussiness hours from his place (Cannon Hill).

There better then any pilllys i've brought for a long time.

Ads

Thanks guys,

I work at the airport so Eagle Farm sounds good to me.

TIme to clear out the freezer and stock up on some decent "ready to go" bait packs I reckon.

- Darren

I AM NEW TO BARRA FISHING WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE 0N WHAT SORT OF RIG TO BUY # # # # THANKS DOGMAN # # # # # # # # # # # # # #