Thread: Mud Island Jew

Mud Island Jew

G'day All

Has anyone had any luck catching that elusive species JEW around Mud Island ?
    I have tried a number of times without any luck and have heard of them being caught in the Brisbane river and in areas of the bay like Harries A/Reef. I am by no means an experienced Jew fisherman and am not asking for anyones hard learned secrets (unless you are willing to give them away). I am simply wanting to know whether i am wasting my time and money at this location.

Thanks
    Aussie_Angler

Re: Mud Island Jew

Aussie_Angler, a mate of mine has caught several jew at mud(eastern side) whilst fishing for snapper, using fresh flesh and pilly's. They were up to 18kg! cheers

Try the Hole in the Wall, not the one at peel but the one at mud.
    regards

Where would the hole in wall at Mud be?

I'd be keen to get some tips on finding the hole in the wall too - hope to be around mud this wekend weather permitting.

Hi Moondancer,
    Just to wet your appetite, here is a 21kg Jew caught off the reef on the eastern side of mud toward the top end bouy(not by me ). It was caught on a 5" Gambler Super Stud and 1/16oz Assassin jig head, aimed at some snapper. It was stuffed after 1/2hr fight and deep hooked,wouldn't swim so it did go home.
    On looking at the stomach contents, there were several whiting, some crabs and what looked to be small snapper, which it was obviously hunting along the reef edge when it took the plastic.

They are there so keep trying