Thread: Any one fish Redcliffe today?

Any one fish Redcliffe today?

Was just thinking about dropping the tinny in this arvo to chase a few squire off Woody Point.
    Did anyone have a fish this morning or has the rain dirtied things up.

Re: Any one fish Redcliffe today?

To nice an arvo, going to give it a go anyway.

Flash

How did it go?

If you're having too much trouble with dirty water you could always fish the run in.

I didn't think it had rained enough to dirty anything?

It was ok.
    Fished from 4pm to about 6.30pm on a little patch just off Margate.
    Put three squire in the esky, 37, 38 and 40cm, with a couple of very big bust offs in the shallow stuff.
    There were a heap of just unders right on dusk, just about a fish a cast.
    Tried the plastics for one hit, so went back to the baits.
    Glad I went, going to try crispy skin cajun squire fillets for tea tonite

Hi.
    Caught a few squire off redclife on Sunday, but just new to the game and didn't know how to cook them up so i just steamed them with lemon pepper and lemon, not bad but would love to know other ways. So if you don't mind could I have your Crispy Skin Cajun Squire recepie. #.

Hey Nathalie, sorry bout the delay, just been busy.
    Scale, fillet and de bone the fillets but leave the skin on.
    Lay the fillets skin side down on a paper towel to dry, the dryer the skin the better.
    Use a sharp knife to score the skin side.
    Make a mix of ground sea salt and cajun spice ( dont use normal salt it is to fine you can get sea salt crystals from woolies and use a pepper grinder to grind it , cajun seasoning from woolies spice section).
    Liberally rub the mix into the skin of the fillet, makeing sure you get plenty into the scores in the skin.
    I use sunflower oil with a dab of butter in a non stick pan on a med to hi heat.
    Cook the fillets skin side down until the fillet looks cooked about 3/4 thru.
    Turn the fillet over to finish cooking for a minute or so.
    Serve with big chunky fresh oven baked chips and a crispy salad with a drizzle of olive oil and lime juice.
    WOW must be hungry.
    It is really nice
    Enjoy
    Where did you fish on Sunday, bait or plastics?

Hey cdenyer,
    sorry the machine tells me I dont have enough posts up to reply to a PM. Bait is fresh mullet fillets soaked in tuna oil, floated down a burley trail in about 12ft of water.
    SP's are squidgey fish with wriggler tail, name escapes me at the moment. I am trying all differant colors to try to see what works where.
    Definately give the kayak a go, I see them all the time from Woody Point up to Scarbie and I know they nail some really good fish .
    Good luck