Thread: 1st Bay Trip

1st Bay Trip

Hi Guys

Well, if the weather is good in the morning (it looks ok) we are attempting our 1st ever Bay fishing trip. #
    I can't wait! I don't know if I will be able to sleep! #What I lack in skills and experience, I try to make up for with enthusiasm!

And as Pete is working today, I am in charge of making sure we have everything that we could need! #

I think that I have pretty much remembered everything boat and safety wise, so I am now up to the bait! and as it is a rather important item I am hoping that if someone has any more bait options that I have not thought of please let me know!

So far I have:
    • fresh squid - bay ones about 3 inch long body (I know not as good as fresh caught - but as I don't know how to catch them, I thought this option would be better than not having any )
    • fresh mullet
    • fresh green prawns
    and
    • some frozen pillies

I also have a supply of SP's to try on my new combo.

Is there anything else that I should have gotten or do you think that I have enough options here?!?!?!?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Now I just have to remember how to tie those leaders!!!!!! #Wish me luck!

Janine

Re: 1st Bay Trip

Good luck Janine and GW.

Where are u heading?? as the bay is a bloody big bit of water.

Cheers

Steven
    Cheers

Steven

You sounds like you have covered all your bases. Don,t forget fuel and lunch. Thanks for the advise on Caloundra ramp also. And make sure the bungs are in.
    Catch a feed. lifestyle.

Thanks guys!

Lifestyle - did you get to Caloundra? #if so - how did you go?

Steven - #I think we are headed towards Mud, we live at Birkdale so could end up anywhere from Manly or Tinny Creek ramps to Peel - #I suppose! # My hubby Pete (Great_White) commented on your sucess in your post the other day - So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! #I see that you have commented back to him so I will have to have the camera ready for the look on his face when he sees
    Great White, fish 10 lb fins with 12 lb flurocarbon leader.
    #

He has just been laughing at me purchasing 14lb fireline and flurocarbon leader for my bait rod and laughed even harder when he saw my new sp's rod with 6lb fireline and 10lb flurocarbon leader

He says to me "That's way to light - what if you get a big fish???" #I figure at least if I can get it to bite, I might have more of a chance than if they can see the line and are scared off and don't bite at all! #Hopefully we will get to try out my "theory" tomorrow! #

Thanks
    Janine

No didn't get out this weekend all i caught was the flu. My wife calls me lifestyle looser for geting sick on a perfect weekend. Little does she know i will be going fishing next weekend ( brisbane river mouth ). Fingers crossed the weather is good as the tides will be.
    Catch a feed . lifestyle

Have fun folks.
    regards

Sent you a PM Janine
    Cheers

Steven

Good Luck