Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "slider"specials

Re: "slider"specials

Hook configuration for tailor although trebles can be used but I find less successful on tailor.

yeah linds, matty has been doin well with em, he trolled behind the breakers up your way about 2 weeks ago and got some real nice fish, plus the goldy's other day, I believe one left some interesting marks...............

on ya slider they look pro,cheers.

hey slider, any reason on why you think the trebles are less succsesful on Tailor? I've been moving to singles on my lures and get good hook up rates. Although was trolling with trebles last weekend and lost 2 out of 3 tailor, both spat me out after I'd hooked em up.

Also what are the prices on your sliders?

Juzo, the singles definitely seem to get a better purchase on the fish with there being 2 separate hook shafts that grip the fish independently of the other hook. So if one hook is thrown the other can still do a job. We used to use 5'0 and 6'0 trebles but can't find them anymore and have found that the singles are better anyway. Easier to release the fish as well with less damage. The headshake from tailor is more violent than that from a barra so every advantage needs to be attained to have as good a chance as possible. The best possible way is with a sliding slug and large opposite facing singles of 3'0 - 6'0 depending on lure size, fish size, wind direction, tide direction and line poundage. Having said that, the 2'0 and 3'0 trebles that we used to make the slugs up with for sale as the standard item still seemed to work fine with tailor up to 2kg, but were not so wonderful on the 2 - 5kg fish. Still landed plenty of the bigger tailor but dropped a couple on the trebles. Hardly drop any big tailor with the Slider and bigger singles.
    Have sent pm Juzo

Lindsay