Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "slider"specials

"slider"specials

Heading to Fraser in early August for a week. Read a report a couple of months ago about using a slider with back to back hooks for catching tailor. Can anyone give me a lead on what they are and where I could get some to try. Have fished for tailor over the years with mainly pillies without a lot of success. I am just getting into plastics and lures and would appreciate any tips which would improve my skills. Also are plastics ok to use in the surf for whiting, bream, flathead or dart. If so what would be the best technique. Know this is asking a lot but any info anyone cares to share would be greatly appreciated.

Darryl

S_Bend

Re: "slider"specials

Dagwood, look up "slider" on this forum and send him a PM. Lindsay's a good bloke who makes these lures. Great for the surf and magic against the pelagics on the beach. A mate of mine uses them a lot and swears by them. I can't remember where you can buy them from but if you send him a message, he will get back to you and let you know. If I do remember, I will put up a new post for you.

Cheers.

hey dagwood, once you find out where to purchase these "sliders" from, can you post it or pm me, i'd really appreciate it, as i too am looking for a cheaper alternative to buying kilo's of pillies for a tailor session

Flash

Hey Dagwood, when it comes to tailor and flatties in particular, a bait is just a lure made out of fish.

Get into those plastics and sliders!

Contact for Lindsay "Slider" Dines

mobile - 0419773137

ldines@bigpond.net.au

Yep, Slider makes and sells these lures. I can tell you they cast like a dream - easily better than a raider of the same weight. I can't vouch for their effectiveness as a lure as I haven't caught anything on them yet ... but Slider seems to catch heaps more than anyone else so I'm sure I'll get lucky with them soon!!

I'm also interested in these sliders, could someone possibly post up a photo of one?
    Hope, I'm not asking too much.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Heres a photo Lindsay sent me.... for more go into the tackle section - theres a whole topic on sliders there...

Adam

another couple to wet your whistle......................

images courtesy of "the man".............

Gday guys.

The Sliders are available from myself - ldines@bigpond.net.au or 0419773137. Or from Wide A Wake Tackle at Noosa Harbour Tewantin -54742445 - on the river beside the swimming pool and boat ramp.

Will post some pics of the different sizes and the hook configuration that we use for tailor.

Stu, when I was at the shop yesterday, a guy came in to see you to let you know that he'd just caught 5 good goldens at the mouth on the Slider you sold him. Good to see happy customers hey? Also 2 young fellas wanted to use the scales to weigh a bream they'd just caught - went 1.2kg and they released it by the shop in good health.

Lindsay

40 gram

45 gram

55 gram

55 gram

65 gram