Thread: 1770 Hot Spots

1770 Hot Spots

Can anyone recommend any good fishing spots around 1770?

Re: 1770 Hot Spots

This same advice has been given many times on this forum Kit and it's still good . Forum member Agnes Jack ( Tony ) is your man for all things 1770 . If he does not see your post and reply then just look him up at 1770 Bait and tackle when you get there . Give him your business and I am sure he will help you out with some info .

Chris

And for the Fishing Goss:-

Call Tony, Sandi or Josh:-

Agnes Water Bait, Tackle & Outdoor Shop

(07) 4974 9304.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks fellas
    G'day Kit!!
    As they say, call in and see me when you get here. I will do my best to point you in the right direction, maps, marks and local goss!!

The buisness is actually called:

Agnes Water/1770 bait and tackle.
    2662 roundhill rd
    Agnes Water ( Look for the big red sign with the jack on it!!!)

Hours...5.30am-5.30pm mon-sat # 5.30am-2.00 pm +++ on Sundays

We have recently relocated, you will find us on the right, about 1.1/2 ks before you get to town. If you need any info before you leave, send me a pm or give me a ring.
    All Ausfishers, always welcome!!!

Regards, Tony

Thanks Guy's,
    I'm heading up there at the end of September for a couple of weeks. I didn't take the boat last year and had to sit and watch the endless number of big fish getting chucked on the cleaning table at the caravan park. I'll most certainly call in and say g'day Tony on the way through, and hopefully you can put me on the right track.

Cheers, Kit.

Hi Kit,

we'll be heading over to 1770 around the same time - maybe we can share some research etc., and hook up A mate of one of my sons is also going to be there with his family - regulars up there, and they know the water pretty well!!!!! I can see justification for amber fluid induced dialogue!!

pm me if you want

Lawry

inshore or offshore?

cheers

lippa

offshore - I reckon inshore estuary is pretty fished out

Hope to get offshore Lippa if the weathers kind.... Sounds like a dam fine idea Lawry. There's a few of us heading up there this year so we should have about 3 boats between us. Allways keen for a beer or bundy.

Kit.

Up there a 2 years ago for 2 weeks in June. The weather was a bit rocky outside so we Trolled inside the bar, mackeral and baitfish were working up. Manage to hook up a few. Caught some good size cod and Flathead just inside the bar area. We trolled out to the baitgrounds which is about 2 or 3 k from bar. We trolled up some sought of spotted skipjack. We were double hooking up with 2 on each lure. WE trolled lures back towards the bar and managed to hook up to a small marlin, it came up to the boat, it appeared to be trying to spike the side of my boat but were unable to land him. Not a lot of fish in the estuary a few pike and I trolled up about 20 large puffer fish. Nobody else was catching them. Lucky me. We had good succcess with lures never touched the bait.
    Enjoy your stay at 1770, very nice place.

Cheers Lester.

moondancer,
    Nuthin wrong with the eastuary/s round here mate at the moment good witting up the creek ,heaps of big flatties this time of year, drifted overpatchess of up to half a dozen on the way in from marlin trolling last week many well over maximum size and thats without lookin for em. Still gettin jacks in the creeks to even though its a bit cold. Got a 20-25lb bluefin just off the boat ramp bout a month back, Theres loads of bait round too
    Nice n healthy
    cheers josh

Josh, thanks for the boost! Glad to know that estuary is OK!! Maybe we should talk!!!

Trip to 1770 in September could be big for us if there's a few ausfishers heading there - lets check in with each other to see what we can make happen. My brother in law from Melbourne has even decided to come up for the trip - he's probably sick of not catching fish!!!

Lawry