Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ballina jew

Re: ballina jew

well done i have try to hunt one down in the cold nite but no lucky .

hey you stole my jew fish damn you oh well i,ll wait for the next one to come by so well done dude.

Hi all here's pic of last night's effort. Only a 12kg fish this time.
    Cheers ida

nice jewys fellas i'm heading down to the macleay river in a few weeks for a week... hopefully chase a few jewys and maybe get oiutside once or twice if whether permits... hopefully i can go as well as u fellas have

gday fishyfrosty you are heading to the right place to get em.i have caught some very nice fish there. from jerseyville to the walls look for deep holes & put a mullet live out .

Well rewarded for your efforts Ida. Two top jew you have caught...you won't go hungry for a while there. BTW, were you cast-netting the mullet?

Cheers and well done.
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

hi big_ren no cast net used . were not permitted to use them in nsw i catch em on a fly hook & dough in the daytime

yeh so mullet seems to be the go for the big jewys.... ne advice Ida how to catch them down there.... we seem to always see heaps at night skooling off the walls... i got a boat this year soo will make things easier.... would a slimely go any good.. if we got some out side and bought them in the river?.... i've only ever had one big run down there and i was using a chopper tailor.

Ida,

I fished behind the rsl on the Monday night of the long weekend, we got very wet caught some little bream but no jew . I have just got a 4500 baitrunner with a 6'6" shimano backbone rod and would love to test it out on one of those buggers.

What set up did you use and was it a great fight lasting ages, I have caught a couple of small jew in the surf and they pulled like hell.

mate do you give lessons lol, I have to have one of those, although I would be a bit sad keeping it.

tony

Steve_Monckton

G'day Ida, nice jewie. I went out with lures on sunday night to a local beach and landed a 22kg jew. love seeing them wash up onto the sand in the torchlight. I haven't got into the livebaiting with mullet yet but my next challenge is using my berkley 7' 6-12kg dropshot rod with Okuma eggbeater loaded with 280 metres of 10lb braid and rubbers on bigger jew in the river or surf. My jewfishing mates are all having a good laugh about using kiddie gear but we will see who has the last laugh( i just won't put money on it yet though) cheers mate.

Great fish rabbi, not sure how you'll go with the rest of it though.

I know bugger all about chasing these big silver fellers but my fishing mate said a while back he wanted to get me into it.
    After catching a fish the other night I was keen for another session of standing in the rain & cold for another go.
    I cant believe I'm here posting another photo.

More about the teacher than the student,

Cheers ida,

Muzz.

nice fish muzz.................... how much did that one weigh in at?

The scales at the prawn said 15.5, but we agreed they must be weighing a bit heavy by a couple of kg.

Muzz

Same spot again Muzz? Went for a quick spin yesterday (was very queit) but that spot had a few good showings on the sounder...Was just far to windy for me to flick SP's in there when i was down.
    Ida that outboards great thanks mate, trimmed her in 2 postions 42Kph!
    Not bad out of a 6Hp donk.

gday rabbi give me a live bait any day.good luck with your venture?nice fish muzz.glad to hear archer the old girl still got its herbs .to the other guys just keep going & work on the tides cheers ida