Thread: wello/green?

wello/green?

gday all

From hearing all these greats reports from wello/green ive decided to head out there tomorrow.
    ive fished around a fair bit of the bay for spuire and other reefies with various resullts and would be grateful for any general directions on how to get to the wello reef grounds. im not asking for any secret spots but any advice on what depths, areas or even plastics would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks for your help
    bballfisho

Re: wello/green?

G'day
    Mate, just have a good read of the reports section. For wello head through the leads off the jetty and to your left (north west) is all reef ground right into king island and out into 5, 6 metres. The reef extends south towards ormiston but only really in the 4, 5 and 6M contours. Follow the 5M depth contour up to huybers light (the red beacon northeast of king island) and this is all good reef ground. As for green, all around it is reef except the northern part. I fish the eastern shelf personally and some great ground is to be found there. as for plastics, watermelon, pumpkinseed are the usual culprits... have a good read of posts from guys like T1, cheechjust to name a few as these boys are masters. I will always float a pillie on my baitrunner as you are just about guaranteed tailor, mackeral and possibly small sharks.
    Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

thanks dave, some great advice there , cant wait to get into it tomorrow.
    much appreciated
    cheers
    connor

Hi Connor

I agree with Dave on everything he states (except that I am a master ). It really is just a matter of trial and error and picking up tips from good guys like AQUARIUS & BEEFAMAN who fish and have fished Wello regularly over a number of years. We are of the opinion that if you put in enough time and listen to those who know, eventually you will be rewarded!

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan