Thread: 1770 progress or destruction

1770 progress or destruction

Of course all areas of this great nation are progressing, but at what cost ?

I have not given up on the " oil Spill " disaster in the estuary system of 1770, and am awaiting corrospondence from MVSC on this.

Now it appears that the Marina is at it again, this time they are building a platform to attach a drilling rig on, to explore the soil further out from the Marinas current location with extentions in mind. The Marinas operators want to extend the wharf facilities outwards. This would almost cut off access to the upper reaches of the estuary system, and certainly involve dredging. The estuary is part of the GBRMP and is supposed to be protected from such activities ?

I'll have to ask for a few " please explains " from the EPA and MVSC ( Miriam Vale Shire Council )

Pic attached is of the pontoons on land that have to be assembled, end to end to form the drilling platform.

Phill > > >
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Re: 1770 progress or destruction

Phil, Mr Marina has the MV Shire Council in the palm of his hand. He has had for years and years and not even Mr Woodrow could get around that. The only way to stop this guy is for the EPA to move on him, but even after all these years and so many, many complaints, it would seem that he is a law unto himself. The only way I have ever managed to disrupt his operations is to anchor my boat at the southern end of the marina, in the creek, but in the path of the bloody LARKS. Mr Marina will come down then to the jetty and scream abuse etc etc to have me move, and eventually I do after I have made my point. He has God on his side you know, just ask him.

Cheers
    Dave

xplane what is happening as i do not know but very interisted what was the oil spil

I haven't been to 1770 but surely the authorities wouldn't let anyone build a marina that would prevent access to a creek would they?

Phill, can you put up a map of the area so we can get an idea about this closure of the estuary system.

Steve

maybe you could organise a 1770 M&G protest Phil, with the full media.
    Like tell them there a group of fishermen/women from as far away as tassie that feel so discusted at the lack of response from the relevent athorities that we have all come to support the cause.
    cheers
    blaze
    ps
    after thought
    if you offered free beers to who ever turned up I am sure you could at least double the numbers and get a bit of mob violence for free.

Rent a crowd ??

Top idea Blaze, might even take it onboard. ( there should be about 30- 50 ppl up here for the M & G including the PBA members )

Cod, you'll have to scroll back through the General Chat pages to find the OIL Spill / Sludge at 1770 post. Probably back about 2 months.

Mr Marina has stated to me personally, that the EPA ( OH before I go there, he reckons some bastard dobed him in to the EPA ) have been out to test the sludge oil etc, and found a leak. Apparently he has complied will all the recommendations and is now back to dispensing fuel.

The sludge is still leaking out as at yesterday. Mr Marina has no doubt, some sort of pull with the MVSC, and maybe he has hookwinked the EPA.

Now with the impending expansion of the wharf facilites I see no limit to this mans gall.

Will attempt to keep you all updated.

Phill

phil what about geting NEWBY to mount a couple of big spud cannons on the big girl and we could have a navy
    cheers
    blaze

And after all the hoo haa by the Marina operators, telling all and sundry via the local paper, that they are back in businees as the fuel situation has been fixed / passed by the EPA,

here are pics taken today 13/08/2006.

Looks like oil sludge still leeching into a Great Barrie Reef Marine Park to me ?????? > > > > >

more gunk !!!!!!!!!

notice the shiney areas on the sand ??

That's oil sludge. the bloody sand is black from this problem.... > >

Did I mention the smell that radiates from this area at low tide ??

Phill

AND, don't get me started on the Pit that was dug to capture the antifoul etc from the marina / wharf facilities, only the have that pit fill with water at full tide. So what happens to the antifoul and gunk ??? Of course it floats out . YEP. Killed off the small coral seabed area in front of the Marina.

Jeez, wonder how that happened ??????? > >

Phill