Thread: Traglin fishing

mad_jewie_fisher

Traglin fishing

Does anyone out there know anything about traglin fishing that will help me

marlinqld

Re: Traglin fishing

I have only ever caught them offshore when bottom bashing for snapper and pearlies.

Off Moreton Island, various depths

Mike

reefs off south port

I don't target them, but get quite a few as by-catch bottom bashing with a paternoster rig. I have caught them on live slimies and yakkas, on pilchards and with Snapback SP's. They are very good eating and make excellent sashimi.

They often hang in very big schools and will move in and out of where you are fishing quite quicly sometimes. On our Furuno sounder they are recognisable as vertical blue stripes.

I believe they are more on the chew at night and they say that its good to leave one in the water (don't haul it in until you have caught the next one and then leave the next one in the water until you have taken the 1st one off the hook, dropped downto the depth of the caught fish and catch another which is left...........)

FWIW

Tony

Caught a few off Wooli (NSW) earlier in the year. As above, bottom bashing offshore, 30-40 m, using squid and pillies and they were in a reasonable sized school. Good on the plate too.

Seamus

mad_keen

..have found them chewing better leading up to and after the full moon at night.
    most of the time schooling so you should get a few when you find them..
    the concept of leaving one down to keep the school interested is def worth a try.
    works well on nanygys