Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Fishing Trip/Destination

jim_farrell

Your Favourite Fishing Trip/Destination

Starting to plan the next trip for 2007 for a group of about 6. We were looking at Weipa, either house boat or the caravan park. Started to think about the $700 return airfare to bris and was thinking. Is there a place that offers so much as weipa that is cheaper to get to or could $700 get us somewhere better.

Where was your best trip/destination.

Jim

Re:  Your Favourite Fishing Trip/Destination

Easy pick for me - Melville Island. Cost us a tad more than that though.

I did a great guided trip canoeing the Severn River near Emmaville. Incredibly rugged country. Wildlife everywhere. Slept along the bank as we went. Caught some really good cod and yellas. Price was very reasonable too.

Stanage Bay! http://www.stanagebay.com/

this place is awesome, just bring the bushmans, with ya

Try Turkey Beach, good fishing when weather permits and within driving distance.

Hakunamatata

Flick, I've seen a dvd of people fishing the Severn River before and it looked great. Ever since then I've wanted to give it a go but haven't been able to find any info on it ( I didn't even know where it was till I read this post).
    Gunna, don't suppose you still have the name or number of the guide you went with?

jim_farrell

I think it is near glen innes in NSW. If it is the same place, I've seen signs on the highway.

I'd love to spend a bit of time in the Exmouth Gulf. My two young blokes borrowed a small tinnie there once from a mate of my young blokes and they were catching and releasing Jack like there was no tomorrow. The montybellos (spelling?) off shore from exmouth would be a grouse spot to wet a line for a week or two.
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

For our family, 1770 is the pick of the crop - provides us with options to keep everyon ehappy - estuary, surf fishing, rocks, inshore/ offshore etc. Lawry

Re: #Your Favourite Fishing Trip/Destination

Quote Originally Posted by DARC
    Flick, I've seen a dvd of people fishing the Severn River before and it looked great. Ever since then I've wanted to give it a go but haven't been able to find any info on it ( I didn't even know where it was till I read this post).
    Gunna, don't suppose you still have the name or number of the guide you went with? #
    Few years ago now but from memory the guide's name was Chipy Lawson in Emmaville. I just looked up Lawsons in Emmaville in the white pages and asked for Chippy's number. They are all related. I had got his name from TV. He was on one of the Wildfish segments.

The other place worth considering is Jimargie. On the same river, has accomodation and canoe hire. Check this link.
    http://hookedon.com.au/HTML/ShanCod.html

marlinqld

hervey bay for me............... roy rufus or out wider. or the macs in season

Mike

my all time fav is definitley the rock bars on the Norman river for HUGE BARRA 4 hours of the best fishing I have ever experienced and probably ever will
    But thats a long way to go , for me I am considering Gladstone region, Awoonga Dam etc, great options in all sorts of weather and ITS CLOSE
    Brett

Hakunamatata

Thanks for the info gunna I'll definately try to get in contact with Chipy and hopefully organise a trip.
    Good luck on your upcoming adventures Flick, sounds like you have plenty of different options to weigh up.
    Cheers DARC

hussy

boaga or middle creek for me . hubby

hussy

can you just use your own boat, on the severn and do your own thing? or is it compulsory to use a guide? just curious . hubby

Quote Originally Posted by hubby
    can you just use your own boat, on the severn and do your own thing? or is it compulsory to use a guide? just curious . hubby
    If you can get access then you can fish it - just like any other river. But its all through private property. Its also a series of long pools connected by short rapids. If you spend a day or two canoeing downstream then you need someone to drop you off and pick you up again at your destination.

Did you check that Jimargie link ?? It looks good to me. I will check it out one of these days. Here is another link

http://www.traveldownunder.com.au/Ne...h_Holidays.asp